* defining LaTeX macros that work inline and at export
@ 2009-05-21 17:13 Gray Calhoun
From: Gray Calhoun @ 2009-05-21 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Everyone,

  I'd like to define LaTeX macros that display correctly when they're
embedded in an org file and are preserved when I export that file to LaTeX.
Right now,  I've added the LaTeX macros to org-format-latex-header, and
repeated the macros in a #+LATEX_HEADER: comment.  The two drawbacks of this
approach are that I'd prefer to have most of the macros be file-specific and
that I'd like to avoid duplicating these LaTeX commands.

Is there a better way to do this?  (I'm currently using org-mode version 6.25d
and GNU Emacs 22.2.1).

After reflecting on this a bit more, I thought of the following work around:
it seems like I should be able to define a separate text file that lists all
of the LaTeX macros and include it in both places with \input.  That's a little
ugly and only addresses the duplication issue, though.  Any suggestions would
be welcome!

Best,
Gray