* Multiple images per figure with LaTeX export
@ 2012-06-18 15:04 Brett Viren
From: Brett Viren @ 2012-06-18 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm using GNU emacs 23.2+1-7 and org-mode 6.27a-1 on Debian.

I want to put two images in one figure for LaTeX/PDF export but can't
find a way.  Googling has not born fruit.  I have tried a few naive
things like:

#+caption: Caption.
#+label: fig:figure
[[./img1.pdf]][[./img2.pdf]]

or:

#+caption: Caption.
#+label: fig:figure
[[./img1.pdf]]
[[./img2.pdf]]

but the resulting export has either two figures with identical captions,
each holding one of the images or the first image in a figure and the
second image inserted bare.  I've also tried to put each image in the
cell of a table but that leads to an "undefined control sequence" error.

How can this be done?

Thanks,
-Brett.

* Re: Multiple images per figure with LaTeX export
@ 2012-06-18 15:57 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-06-18 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brett Viren; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Brett,

Glad to see another HEP researcher using org-mode. :)

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Brett Viren <bv@bnl.gov> wrote:
> I want to put two images in one figure for LaTeX/PDF export but can't
> find a way.

Sadly my solution is a big bad hack:

  #+begin_latex
    \begin{figure}
    \centering
    \begin{tabular}{c}
    \includegraphics[<options>]{plots/file1.eps} \\
    \includegraphics[<options>]{plots/file2.eps}
    \end{tabular}
    \caption[Caption in LOI]{Long caption}
    \label{fig:somelabel}
    \end{figure}
  #+end_latex

HTH

--
Suvayu

* Re: Multiple images per figure with LaTeX export
@ 2012-06-18 17:15   ` Brett Viren
From: Brett Viren @ 2012-06-18 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: suvayu ali; +Cc: emacs-orgmode