* Question re CATEGORY and Agenda Views
@ 2009-09-09 19:46 Markus Heller
From: Markus Heller @ 2009-09-09 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I apologize if this is RTFM, i couldn't find the answer.  Maybe it's
also because of a misconception on my part.

I have a .org file with the following setup (HEAVILY inspired by Bernt
Hansen, http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html):

* ABC1
   :PROPERTIES:
     :CATEGORY: Bugfixes
     :PROJECT:  ABC1
   :END:
** STARTED Find bugs
** STARTED Fix bugs

* ABC2
   :PROPERTIES:
     :CATEGORY: Bugfixes
     :PROJECT:  ABC2
   :END:
** STARTED Find bugs
** STARTED Fix bugs

So I have 2 different projects with identical tasks.  If I bring up the
agenda and list all STARTED tasks, I get a list that looks like:

Bugfixes:   STARTED Find bugs                  :NEXT:
Bugfixes:   STARTED Fix bugs                   :NEXT:
Bugfixes:   STARTED Find bugs                  :NEXT:
Bugfixes:   STARTED Fix bugs                   :NEXT:

So the first column is taken from the CATEGORY property.  How can I
change this so that the actual project is displayed in the agenda view?
  I would expect that I'd have to use the PROJECT property, but how do I
do this?  Or is my whole idea flawed?

Thanks and Cheers
Markus