* Re: Insert File Template in correct tree
@ 2002-01-01  2:12   ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2002-01-01  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik schrieb am 09/03/2007 07:26 AM:
> You can do all this with remember templates, they allow interactive
> prompts, and you can specify a file and a topic where to insert the
> new entry.

Too easy :-) Thanks, just great!

Fabian

@ 2002-01-01  2:33     ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2002-01-01  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
me again...
with a small question: using %^{ASK_SOMETHING} works nice,
but is there a chance to give different options for answers
too? Maybe something like %^{What Color{blue|red|yellow}}
and display the choices in a small buffer!?

Fabian

@ 2007-09-02 17:10 Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2007-09-02 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ 2007-09-03  7:26 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-03  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Braennstroem; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

You can do all this with remember templates, they allow interactive
prompts, and you can specify a file and a topic where to insert the
new entry.

- Carsten

> [...]

> simulations with topic 1 should be appended to the topic 1
> tree.  Inserting the 'template_structure' I was thinking
> about some kind of 'texletter.el' approach, which looks
> fairly easy to do...
>
> The entrystructure is saved in a template file
> 'template_structure' and woul look like:
>
> ;-'template_structure':
> -----------
> *** <entry 1>
> 	blabla
> **** <entry 2>
> 	blabla
> *** <entry 3>
> 	blabla
> 	blabla
> ;----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -------------
>
> It would be nice, if someone has an idea, how to do that;
> especially with appending it in the right place!?

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: Re: Insert File Template in correct tree
@ 2007-09-05  3:30       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-05  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabian Braennstroem; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jan 1, 2002, at 3:33, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

> Hi,
> me again...
> with a small question: using %^{ASK_SOMETHING} works nice,
> but is there a chance to give different options for answers
> too? Maybe something like %^{What Color{blue|red|yellow}}
> and display the choices in a small buffer!?

No, and to me this feels like too much.  If is just
a short reminder, you can simply list the options in the prompt.

- Carsten

* Re: Insert File Template in correct tree
@ 2007-09-07  0:09         ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2007-09-07  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik schrieb am 09/05/2007 03:30 AM:
> On Jan 1, 2002, at 3:33, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> me again...
>> with a small question: using %^{ASK_SOMETHING} works nice,
>> but is there a chance to give different options for answers
>> too? Maybe something like %^{What Color{blue|red|yellow}}
>> and display the choices in a small buffer!?
>
> No, and to me this feels like too much.  If is just
> a short reminder, you can simply list the options in the prompt.

Yes, you are right; it would be to much. Thanks!
Fabian