* Insert File Template in correct tree
@ 2007-09-02 17:10 Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2007-09-02 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am not sure, if it is the right group, but the org-related
should fit well :-)

I would like to use org-mode to handle my simulation
activities from dired.
The scenario would be like this:
Pressing some kind of keybinding in dired 'emacs' asks for
certain settings of the simulation, e.g. Topic, Solver and a
short description. Using this information a new level 2
entry is done in 'object.org', which already looks like:

;-- 'object.org':
* Topic 1
** <Date1> Solver <Short Description1>
*** <entry 1>
	blabla
**** <entry 2>
	blabla
*** <entry 3>
	blabla
	blabla

** <Date2> Solver <Short Description2>
*** <entry 1>
	blabla
**** <entry 2>
	blabla
*** <entry 3>
	blabla
	blabla

* Topic 2
** <Date1> Solver <Short Description1>
*** <entry 1>
	blabla
**** <entry 2>
	blabla
*** <entry 3>
	blabla
	blabla

** <Date2> Solver <Short Description2>
*** <entry 1>
	blabla
**** <entry 2>
	blabla
*** <entry 3>
	blabla
	blabla
;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now depending on the answer for 'topic' and 'solver' I would
like to create a new second level entry automatically with
the additional 'template_structure'. The biggest problem
would be to insert the entry in the right place, i.e.
simulations with topic 1 should be appended to the topic 1
tree.  Inserting the 'template_structure' I was thinking
about some kind of 'texletter.el' approach, which looks
fairly easy to do...

The entrystructure is saved in a template file
'template_structure' and woul look like:

;-'template_structure':
*** <entry 1>
	blabla
**** <entry 2>
	blabla
*** <entry 3>
	blabla
	blabla

It would be nice, if someone has an idea, how to do that;
especially with appending it in the right place!?

Regards!
Fabian