* org-babel - First line of file created by tangle
@ 2010-02-03  7:52 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-02-03  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I am sure I can customize it, but I could not find it.
When tangling R code, I would like to skip (or customize) the first line of
the resulting R file. It reads "#!/usr/bin/env Rscript" and I would either
like to exclude it completely, or replace it with e.g. "## R"

I am sourcing the files anyway from a different R session and I don't need
to execute them directly.

Cheers,

Rainer

--
NEW GERMAN FAX NUMBER!!!

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Natural Sciences Building
Office Suite 2039
Stellenbosch University
Main Campus, Merriman Avenue
Stellenbosch
South Africa

Cell:           +27 - (0)83 9479 042
Fax:            +27 - (0)86 516 2782
Fax:            +49 - (0)321 2125 2244
email:          Rainer@krugs.de

Skype:          RMkrug
Google:         R.M.Krug@gmail.com

* Re: org-babel - First line of file created by tangle
@ 2010-02-03 17:22 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-02-03 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

I just responded to your other email with a global solution to this
problem.  Do you think this is the sort of thing that would need to be
customized on a per-block or per-file/subtree basis?

If so we may want to move this customization behind a header argument.

Thanks -- Eric

@ 2010-02-03 19:38   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-02-03 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rainer,
>
> I just responded to your other email with a global solution to this
> problem.

Thanks - I'll look at it in detail tomorrow.

> Do you think this is the sort of thing that would need to be
> customized on a per-block or per-file/subtree basis?

Yes, I think it would be useful. An example would be if I want to create two
scripts, where one is running on my local computer, and the other on a
cluster, in which the paths might be different. Also: there is, in addition
to R, also Ra, with Just-In-Time compiling functionality. It might be useful
to be able to have two R scripts, one using R, the other Ra, for e.g.
profiling. Another example would be to try different versions of e.g. R.

So yes, I think it would be very useful to define the two additional header
arguments for each block:

:shebang NIL for default, other string for the shebang line
:headers NIL for default, NONE for no headers, other string for custom
headers

> If so we may want to move this customization behind a header argument.

That would be great

Cheers,

Rainer

@ 2010-02-03 20:15     ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-02-03 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Eric

[...]

> So yes, I think it would be very useful to define the two additional header arguments for each
> block:
>
> :shebang NIL for default, other string for the shebang line
> :headers NIL for default, NONE for no headers, other string for custom headers

Noted: I've added this to the Org-babel development TODO list
http://eschulte.github.com/babel-dev/TODO-allow-customization-of-shebang-lines-and-commenting-through-header-argument.html

Thanks for the ideas! -- Eric

* Re: org-babel - First line of file created by tangle
@ 2010-02-04  6:47       ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2010-02-04  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode