* Property search using CLOSED?
@ 2008-10-23 20:15 Mike Buksas
From: Mike Buksas @ 2008-10-23 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Are property searches using the CLOSED attribute supported in the same way
that ones using DEADLINE and SCHEDULED are? In my testing at least, I can
successfully use the latter two, but searches with CLOSED never result in
any matches.

In case the context is helpful, I'd like to extract my todo items marked
DONE and CLOSED within specific date ranges. Specifically for the purpose of
placating management.

I'm using version 6.07b.

Apologies if I've missed this in the list archives. And thanks to everyone
who's made org-mode so astoundingly useful!

Mike

* Re: Property search using CLOSED?
@ 2008-10-27 11:30 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-27 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mike.buksas; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Mike,

in the latest git version, this should now work (untested, so please
confirm).

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-27 16:45   ` Mike Buksas
From: Mike Buksas @ 2008-10-27 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten, et al,

I'll give this a try when I'm out from behind my corporate firewall. For
reasons I cannot comprehend, repo.or.cz is being blocked.

On that note, is there anyplace else I can clone org from?

Thanks,
Mike

@ 2008-10-27 18:02     ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2008-10-27 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mike.buksas; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Mike Buksas wrote:
  > Carsten, et al,
  >
  > I'll give this a try when I'm out from behind my corporate firewall. For
  > reasons I cannot comprehend, repo.or.cz is being blocked.
  >
  > On that note, is there anyplace else I can clone org from?

You can clone/update over HTTP.. should work behind firewalls as well.
First question here: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php

--
Manish

* Re: Property search using CLOSED?
@ 2008-10-27 18:37       ` Mike Buksas
From: Mike Buksas @ 2008-10-27 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Using http was my first thought too. However, the error message from git
contains the proxy server's response, which says, in brief, "this site is
blocked". I can't even browse the repository from here.

This is probably an oversight, which can be fixed in time, and with
paperwork.

Thanks,
Mike

@ 2008-10-28 16:41   ` Mike Buksas
From: Mike Buksas @ 2008-10-28 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten, et al,

Property searches on CLOSED don't appear to work in the git version either.
I think I've found another bug also.

Here's a small org file I used to test:

* DONE Test property search                      :test:
  SCHEDULED: <2008-09-08 Mon>
  CLOSED: [2008-10-28 Tue 08:11]

If the DONE entry is the first line of the file, none of the property or tag
searches work. If I insert a blank line at the top, I can do a tag search
for test, or a property search using SCHEDULED (e.g. C-\
SCHEDULED>="<2008-01-01>" works fine.) Searching on CLOSED still returns no
results.

Thanks again,

@ 2008-10-29 16:49     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-29 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mike.buksas; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Mike,

I think *now* CLOSED searches work....

The problem with the first line is a known problem.
Just make it a habit to keep the first line of files empty.

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-29 16:56       ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-10-29 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: mike.buksas, emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> writes:

> The problem with the first line is a known problem.
> Just make it a habit to keep the first line of files empty.

I put

,----
| #+STARTUP: showall
`----

at the top of my org-files and that seems to work fine too.  I'm less
likely to delete this line accidentally :)

-Bernt

* Re: Property search using CLOSED?
@ 2008-10-30  4:25       ` Mike Buksas
From: Mike Buksas @ 2008-10-30  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)