* typo in org-export-language-setup
@ 2007-09-03 17:47 William Henney
From: William Henney @ 2007-09-03 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Carsten,

At line 2604 of org.el, v5.07a, instead of

    ("es"  "Autor"           "Fecha" "\xccndice")

you should have

    ("es"  "Autor"           "Fecha" "\xcdndice")
                                      ^^^^

That is, "Í" rather than "Ì". In fact, one could argue that it should
just be just "Indice" (or perhaps "Indice General"), since it is usual
in Spanish to omit accents on capital letters. However, Spanish is not
my first language, so maybe some of the native speakers on the list
would care to comment.

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia

* Re: typo in org-export-language-setup
@ 2007-09-04  8:48 ` Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2007-09-04  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> That is, "Í" rather than "Ì".
  Correct, Índice.

> In fact, one could argue that it should
> just be just "Indice" (or perhaps "Indice General"), since it is usual
> in Spanish to omit accents on capital letters.

  It is „usual" to write omitting all type of things... As for the
correct writing, the academy of spanish language says that it has been
always mandatory to write accents on capital letters; thus Í
http://www.rae.es/rae/gestores/gespub000018.nsf/(voAnexos)/arch8100821B76809110C12571B80038BA4A/$File/CuestionesparaelFAQdeconsultas.htm#ap22

   „Índice" is ok; sometimes it's also used „Índice de contenidos" but
„Índice" is the most common.

   And shouldn't the french „Table des Matières" be written „Table des
matières"? I think that the capitalization on titles is just typical
for English.

   Greetings,
Daniel.

* Re: typo in org-export-language-setup
@ 2007-09-04  9:34 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-09-04  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fixed, thanks, also to Daniel.

- Carsten

On Sep 3, 2007, at 19:47, William Henney wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> At line 2604 of org.el, v5.07a, instead of
>
>     ("es"  "Autor"           "Fecha" "\xccndice")
>
> you should have
>
>     ("es"  "Autor"           "Fecha" "\xcdndice")
>                                       ^^^^
>
> That is, "Í" rather than "Ì". In fact, one could argue that it should
> just be just "Indice" (or perhaps "Indice General"), since it is usual
> in Spanish to omit accents on capital letters. However, Spanish is not
> my first language, so maybe some of the native speakers on the list
> would care to comment.
>
> Cheers
>
> Will
>
> --
>
>   Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
>   Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: typo in org-export-language-setup
@ 2007-09-04 15:58   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-09-04 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Daniel Clemente" <n142857@gmail.com> writes:

>    And shouldn't the french „Table des Matières" be written „Table des
> matières"? I think that the capitalization on titles is just typical
> for English.

Right.  "Table des matières" is correct.

--
Bastien