* looking for a variable which allows formatting the agenda clock report
@ 2016-05-11 11:41 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2016-05-11 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I could not find a variable which allows formatting the clock report
that is created in the org agenda by "v R".
Any quick pointer to such one or other ideas?

Kind regards,
Rainer Stengele

* Re: looking for a variable which allows formatting the agenda clock report
@ 2016-05-11 12:18 ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2016-05-11 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

> I could not find a variable which allows formatting the clock report
> that is created in the org agenda by "v R".
> Any quick pointer to such one or other ideas?

org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist

Quick,
--
Marco Wahl
GPG: 0x49010A040A3AE6F2

* Re: looking for a variable which allows formatting the agenda clock report
@ 2016-05-11 13:44   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2016-05-11 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Wahl, emacs-orgmode

Am 11.05.2016 um 14:18 schrieb Marco Wahl:
> Hi!
>
>> I could not find a variable which allows formatting the clock report
>> that is created in the org agenda by "v R".
>> Any quick pointer to such one or other ideas?
>
> org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist
>

> Quick,

Thanks Marco,

now my question is how can I extract the category of a clock entry and
display it in the report? I tried a bit with properties but have no real
clue. Can somebody help here?

Thank you.
Regards, Rainer

* Re: looking for a variable which allows formatting the agenda clock report
@ 2016-05-11 16:22     ` Marco Wahl
From: Marco Wahl @ 2016-05-11 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Rainer Stengele

Hi Rainer,

>>> I could not find a variable which allows formatting the clock report
>>> that is created in the org agenda by "v R".
>>> Any quick pointer to such one or other ideas?
>>
>> org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist

> Thanks Marco,
>
> now my question is how can I extract the category of a clock entry and
> display it in the report? I tried a bit with properties but have no
> real clue. Can somebody help here?

You can filter a certain category for the clock report afaics.

E.g.

org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist value

(:link t :maxlevel 2 :tags "+CATEGORY=\"busi\"")

only takes the clockings from items in category "busi" for the
org-agenda-clockreport.

HTH,
--
Marco Wahl
GPG: 0x49010A040A3AE6F2

* Re: looking for a variable which allows formatting the agenda clock report
@ 2016-05-11 19:45       ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2016-05-11 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marco Wahl, emacs-orgmode

Am 11.05.2016 um 18:22 schrieb Marco Wahl:
> Hi Rainer,

>>> org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist
>
>> Thanks Marco,
>>
>> now my question is how can I extract the category of a clock entry and
>> display it in the report? I tried a bit with properties but have no
>> real clue. Can somebody help here?
>
> You can filter a certain category for the clock report afaics.
>
> E.g.
>
> org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist value
>
> (:link t :maxlevel 2 :tags "+CATEGORY=\"busi\"")
>
> only takes the clockings from items in category "busi" for the
> org-agenda-clockreport.
>

> HTH,

Hi Marco,

thanks for this, very useful.
What I really meant was how can I change the output format of the clock report,
so how do I change the first column from "File" to "Category" of the clock entry.

Thanks,
Rainer

* Re: looking for a variable which allows formatting the agenda clock report
@ 2016-05-13 11:04         ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2016-05-13 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 11.05.2016 um 21:45 schrieb Rainer Stengele:
> Am 11.05.2016 um 18:22 schrieb Marco Wahl:
>> Hi Rainer,

>>> Thanks Marco,
>>>
>>> now my question is how can I extract the category of a clock entry and
>>> display it in the report? I tried a bit with properties but have no
>>> real clue. Can somebody help here?
>>
>> You can filter a certain category for the clock report afaics.
>>
>> E.g.
>>
>> org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist value
>>
>> (:link t :maxlevel 2 :tags "+CATEGORY=\"busi\"")
>>
>> only takes the clockings from items in category "busi" for the
>> org-agenda-clockreport.
>>

>> HTH,
>>
> Hi Marco,
>
> thanks for this, very useful.
> What I really meant was how can I change the output format of the clock report,
> so how do I change the first column from "File" to "Category" of the clock entry.
>
> Thanks,
> Rainer

Hi,

does anybody have an example for the :formatter item to format the
clocktable output as needed?

Thank you.
Regards, Rainer

* Re: looking for a variable which allows formatting the agenda clock report
@ 2016-05-19 20:15           ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2016-05-19 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 13.05.2016 um 13:04 schrieb Rainer Stengele:
> Am 11.05.2016 um 21:45 schrieb Rainer Stengele:
>> Am 11.05.2016 um 18:22 schrieb Marco Wahl:
>>> Hi Rainer,

>>> You can filter a certain category for the clock report afaics.
>>>
>>> E.g.
>>>
>>> org-agenda-clockreport-parameter-plist value
>>>
>>> (:link t :maxlevel 2 :tags "+CATEGORY=\"busi\"")
>>>
>>> only takes the clockings from items in category "busi" for the
>>> org-agenda-clockreport.
>>>

>>> HTH,
>>>
>> Hi Marco,
>>
>> thanks for this, very useful.
>> What I really meant was how can I change the output format of the
>> clock report,
>> so how do I change the first column from "File" to "Category" of the
>> clock entry.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rainer
>>

> Hi,
>
> does anybody have an example for the :formatter item to format the
> clocktable output as needed?
>
> Thank you.
> Regards, Rainer

Anybody?

* Re: looking for a variable which allows formatting the agenda clock report
@ 2016-05-25  7:44             ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2016-05-25  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 19.05.2016 um 22:15 schrieb Rainer Stengele:
> Am 13.05.2016 um 13:04 schrieb Rainer Stengele:

>>> Hi Marco,
>>>
>>> thanks for this, very useful.
>>> What I really meant was how can I change the output format of the
>>> clock report,
>>> so how do I change the first column from "File" to "Category" of the
>>> clock entry.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Rainer
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> does anybody have an example for the :formatter item to format the
>> clocktable output as needed?
>>
>> Thank you.
>> Regards, Rainer
>>

> Anybody?

Hi all,

I really try hard to find any example of how to use the :formatter to
format the clocktable report in an agenda. All I really want to do is
display the category property instead of the filename for clocked times.
Does anybody have an example please?

Thank you.
Regards, Rainer

* Re: looking for a variable which allows formatting the agenda clock report
@ 2016-05-25 15:10               ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2016-05-25 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 25.05.2016 um 09:44 schrieb Rainer Stengele:
> Am 19.05.2016 um 22:15 schrieb Rainer Stengele:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> does anybody have an example for the :formatter item to format the
>>> clocktable output as needed?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>> Regards, Rainer
>>>

>> Anybody?
>>

> Hi all,
>
> I really try hard to find any example of how to use the :formatter to
> format the clocktable report in an agenda. All I really want to do is
> display the category property instead of the filename for clocked times.
> Does anybody have an example please?
>
> Thank you.
> Regards, Rainer

I finally found an example here: