* list format questions
@ 2007-11-07 17:32 Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2007-11-07 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a couple of question about list formatting.  Given the example file:

==== sample.org ====

* [/] investigate
  - [ ] Q1 -- A1 \\
        more A1
  - [ ] Q2 is a really, really, long Q and needs to be described in
excruciating detail.
  - [ ] Q3

====================

In Q1, the '\\' would force a line break when exported.  Should/can it
force a line break when using M-q to wrap lines?  If I use M-q on Q1,
the line below it wraps up to the same line as Q1.

In Q2, if I use M-q or auto wrap to wrap it, the word 'excruciating'
is indented so it aligns with the opening brace.  If I were to
manually hit newline after anywhere before that and press tab to
indent before continuing to type, it aligns with 'Q' in 'Q2'.
Afterwards, the either indentation is maintained properly with M-q or
auto wrap.  Is there an option I'm missing that I could use to make
tab and M-q & auto wrap to favor the same alignment, preferably 'Q2'?
I know list indenting was a can of worms before and I don't want to
suggest new behavior if it would clash with the current behavior.

Edd