* org-log-note-clock-out ends action after note, forgetting to clock in to something
@ 2022-03-16 12:50 Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2022-03-16 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode list

This is regarding the behavior of =org-log-note-clock-out=. When =nil= I can just be clocked in to A and then when I clock in to B it stops A, starts B. This is nice. However, when  =org-log-note-clock-out= is true, I get prompted for a note --  which is what I want -- but it stops there. So, if I was repeating the above action of clocking from A to B, it clocks out of A, asks for a note, but does NOT clock in to B.

This discrepancy is annoying; while I am adapting to remember to clock out before clocking in to another item (so I can get my note), it would be nice if it remembered that it was supposed to be clocking in to that other thing AFTER the note finishes.

Anyone else duplicating this error would be useful to know. Let me know if there is somewhere else I should report this issue.

- Tory

* org-log-note-clock-out ends action after note, forgetting to clock in to something
@ 2022-03-16 14:16 Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2022-03-16 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode list

This is regarding the behavior of =org-log-note-clock-out=. When =nil= I can just be clocked in to A and then when I clock in to B it stops A, starts B. This is nice. However, when  =org-log-note-clock-out= is true, I get prompted for a note --  which is what I want -- but it stops there. So, if I was repeating the above action of clocking from A to B, it clocks out of A, asks for a note, but does NOT clock in to B.

This discrepancy is annoying; while I am adapting to remember to clock out before clocking in to another item (so I can get my note), it would be nice if it remembered that it was supposed to be clocking in to that other thing AFTER the note finishes.

Anyone else duplicating this error would be useful to know. Let me know if there is somewhere else I should report this issue.

- Tory

* Re: org-log-note-clock-out ends action after note, forgetting to clock in to something
@ 2022-03-17  8:31 ` Ignacio Casso
From: Ignacio Casso @ 2022-03-17  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tory S. Anderson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Anyone else duplicating this error would be useful to know.

I can't reproduce this bug in Emacs 27.2.

Please send some more information like your Emacs and Org versions and
your org related configuration. See
https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html for an easy way to include
this information automatically and some more useful guidelines about how
to submit bug reports for org-mode.

> Let me know if there is somewhere else I should report this issue.

As far as I know this is the right place.

* Re: org-log-note-clock-out ends action after note, forgetting to clock in to something
@ 2022-03-17 15:09   ` Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2022-03-17 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ignacio Casso; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ignacio Casso <ignaciocasso@hotmail.com> writes:

>> Anyone else duplicating this error would be useful to know.
>
> I can't reproduce this bug in Emacs 27.2.

This is good news: it means I can probably proceed with bisection and debugging after updating to see if the issue persists. Thanks!

I'm on orgmode 9.4.6, with emacs 28.0.50.

* Re: org-log-note-clock-out ends action after note, forgetting to clock in to something
@ 2022-03-17 19:41     ` Ignacio Casso
From: Ignacio Casso @ 2022-03-17 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tory S. Anderson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Tory S. Anderson" <webdev@toryanderson.com> writes:

> Ignacio Casso <ignaciocasso@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>>> Anyone else duplicating this error would be useful to know.
>>
>> I can't reproduce this bug in Emacs 27.2.
>
> This is good news: it means I can probably proceed with bisection and debugging after updating to see if the issue persists. Thanks!
>
> I'm on orgmode 9.4.6, with emacs 28.0.50.

On second though I realize I should have told you my org version, not
Emacs. It's 9.5.2. And I have checked it in my org built-in version,
9.4.4, and there I can reproduce the bug, so it's not your
configuration's fault and it was a bug that has already been fixed. I
suggest you upgrade to a later org version to fix the issue.

* Re: org-log-note-clock-out ends action after note, forgetting to clock in to something
@ 2022-03-17 20:48       ` Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2022-03-17 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ignacio Casso; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ignacio Casso <ignaciocasso@hotmail.com> writes:

>>> I can't reproduce this bug in Emacs 27.2.
>>
>> This is good news: it means I can probably proceed with bisection and debugging after updating to see if the issue persists. Thanks!
>>
>> I'm on orgmode 9.4.6, with emacs 28.0.50.
>
> On second though I realize I should have told you my org version, not
> Emacs. It's 9.5.2. And I have checked it in my org built-in version,
> 9.4.4, and there I can reproduce the bug, so it's not your
> configuration's fault and it was a bug that has already been fixed. I
> suggest you upgrade to a later org version to fix the issue.

Excellent news! That saves me hours of bisection! (as long as those hours aren't spent fixing things after an orgmode upgrade)
- Tory

* [FIXED] Re: org-log-note-clock-out ends action after note, forgetting to clock in to something
@ 2022-03-31 15:18         ` Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2022-03-31 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ignacio Casso; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>>> I'm on orgmode 9.4.6, with emacs 28.0.50.

Verified: This is fixed in the latest orgmode version (problem is gone in 9.5.2). It now clocks into different things without forgetting the rest of the action after leaving the note.