* Bug: DOI links are broken in HTML exports
@ 2020-09-21 17:34 yarnton--- via General discussions about Org-mode.
From: yarnton--- via General discussions about Org-mode. @ 2020-09-21 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've found a small bug in org-html-export-to-html. Minimal document to reproduce:

---

Foo [fn:1]

* Footnotes

[fn:1] doi:10.1186/s12864-016-2377-z

---

When I export this document to HTML the DOI link gets converted into a broken hyperlink. It should be converted into https://doi.org/10.1186/s12864-016-2377-z as explained in https://www.doi.org/. <https://www.doi.org/>

Following the link from the org file with C-c C-o works fine, though.

It'd be great if this could get fixed, as DOI links are incredibly helpful when dealing with bibliographic items.

Thanks

* Re: Bug: DOI links are broken in HTML exports
@ 2020-09-23  7:14 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-23  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yarnton--- via General discussions about Org-mode.; +Cc: yarnton

Hi,

<emacs-orgmode@gnu.org> writes:

> I've found a small bug in org-html-export-to-html. Minimal document to reproduce:
>
> ---
>
> Foo [fn:1]
>
> * Footnotes
>
> [fn:1] doi:10.1186/s12864-016-2377-z
>
> ---

Do you use a link abbreviation for doi: links ?

> When I export this document to HTML the DOI link gets converted into a
> broken hyperlink. It should be converted into
> https://doi.org/10.1186/s12864-016-2377-z as explained
> in https://www.doi.org/. <https://www.doi.org/>

If you use a link abbreviation.

> Following the link from the org file with C-c C-o works fine, though.
>
> It'd be great if this could get fixed, as DOI links are incredibly
> helpful when dealing with bibliographic items.

What version of Emacs and Org are you using?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Bug: DOI links are broken in HTML exports
@ 2020-09-23 16:39   ` yarnton--- via General discussions about Org-mode.
From: yarnton--- via General discussions about Org-mode. @ 2020-09-23 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: yarnton--- viaGeneral discussions about Org-mode.

Thanks Bastien.

> Do you use a link abbreviation for doi: links ?
>
>> When I export this document to HTML the DOI link gets converted into a
>> broken hyperlink. It should be converted into
>> https://doi.org/10.1186/s12864-016-2377-z as explained
>> in https://www.doi.org/. <https://www.doi.org/>
>>

> If you use a link abbreviation.
>
>> Following the link from the org file with C-c C-o works fine, though.
>>
>> It'd be great if this could get fixed, as DOI links are incredibly
>> helpful when dealing with bibliographic items.
>>

> What version of Emacs and Org are you using?

I'm not using a link abbreviation for doi: links.

I can reproduce this bug running a stock Emacs (27.1) and stock Org (9.4-elpa) i.e., no init file.

I encountered this bug for the first time a few months ago, when I first used doi: links.

I hope this helps.

* Re: Bug: DOI links are broken in HTML exports
@ 2021-04-18 12:06     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2021-04-18 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yarnton--- via General discussions about Org-mode.; +Cc: Bastien, yarnton

Hello,

yarnton--- via "General discussions about Org-mode."
<emacs-orgmode@gnu.org> writes:

> I encountered this bug for the first time a few months ago, when
> I first used doi: links.

AFAICT Org never implemented export for DOI links. It just provides
a way to follow them, as you observed already.

I added a rough export for doi links in master. I hope this fixes your
issue.

Nicolas Goaziou