* mac-iCal / mac-link-grabber integration.
@ 2010-12-15  9:56 hmaier
From: hmaier @ 2010-12-15  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have problems to integrate mac-iCal / mac-link-grabber.
(Snow Leopard 10.6.5 / GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS
apple-appkit-1038.29) / Org-mode version 7.3)

The steps:
1. M-x customize-group RET org RET
2. enabling "mac-link-grabber" and "mac-iCal"
3. .emacs:
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook '(lambda () (define-key org-mode-map (kbd
"C-
c g") 'omgl-grab-link)))
4. restart

One entry in the adressbook is selected and after typing c-c g in
emacs,
the buffer says: Symbol's function definition is void: omgl-grab-
link
What´s wrong?

How can I see my iCal event in the org agenda (c-c a a)?

Thank you,
Holger

* Re: mac-iCal / mac-link-grabber integration.
@ 2010-12-15 13:36 ` Anthony Lander
From: Anthony Lander @ 2010-12-15 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hmaier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Holger,

On 10-Dec-15, at 4:56 AM, hmaier@hush.ai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have problems to integrate mac-iCal / mac-link-grabber.
> (Snow Leopard 10.6.5 / GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS
> apple-appkit-1038.29) / Org-mode version 7.3)
>
> The steps:
> 1. M-x customize-group RET org RET
> 2. enabling "mac-link-grabber" and "mac-iCal"
> 3. .emacs:
> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook '(lambda () (define-key org-mode-map (kbd
> "C- c g") 'omgl-grab-link)))

Small spelling mistake there. Try this:

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook '(lambda () (define-key org-mode-map (kbd "C-
c g") 'omlg-grab-link)))

Please let me know if that fixes your problem.

   -Anthony

@ 2010-12-15 13:58 hmaier
From: hmaier @ 2010-12-15 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anthonylander; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Anthony,

>Small spelling mistake there. Try this:
>
>(add-hook 'org-mode-hook '(lambda () (define-key org-mode-map (kbd
>"C-
>c g") 'omlg-grab-link)))
>
>Please let me know if that fixes your problem.
>
>   -Anthony

the buffer says again:
Symbol's function definition is void: omlg-grab-link

Can you also give support for the iCal issue?

Thanks,

@ 2010-12-15 14:13 ` Anthony Lander
From: Anthony Lander @ 2010-12-15 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hmaier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 10-Dec-15, at 8:58 AM, hmaier@hush.ai wrote:

> Hi Anthony,
>
>> Small spelling mistake there. Try this:
>>
>> (add-hook 'org-mode-hook '(lambda () (define-key org-mode-map (kbd
>> "C-
>> c g") 'omlg-grab-link)))
>>
>> Please let me know if that fixes your problem.
>>
>>  -Anthony
>>

> the buffer says again:
> Symbol's function definition is void: omlg-grab-link

Hm, that should work. It sounds like the module is not loading
correctly. Can you confirm that it is indeed loaded?

Also, can you try evaluating this in the scratch buffer (obviously
with the path pointing to the right place):

(load-file "/path/to/org/contrib/lisp/org-mac-link-grabber.el")

...and then try the shortcut again?

> Can you also give support for the iCal issue?

Sorry, no. I don't use it.

   -Anthony

* Re: mac-iCal / mac-link-grabber integration.
@ 2010-12-16 13:51 hmaier
From: hmaier @ 2010-12-16 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anthonylander; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Ok, the module wasn´t in the lisp directory...
I thought it is in the standard distribution ...

Now I get the message:
Symbol's chain of function indirections contains a loop: omlg-grab-
link

What does this mean?

Holger

@ 2010-12-17  1:24 ` Anthony Lander
From: Anthony Lander @ 2010-12-17  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hmaier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 10-Dec-16, at 8:51 AM, hmaier@hush.ai wrote:

> Ok, the module wasn´t in the lisp directory...
> I thought it is in the standard distribution ...
>
> Now I get the message:
> Symbol's chain of function indirections contains a loop: omlg-grab-
> link
>
> What does this mean?

I'm not sure what is causing this, Holger. It sounds like you might
have some configuration problems if you were having problems sourcing
the modules. Without more information, I'm not really able to offer
more help.

   -Anthony