* Re: How are people handling their calendars?
@ 2016-10-25 10:49 Bartholomaios Edessa
From: Bartholomaios Edessa @ 2016-10-25 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

We should be able to use some existing integration like Gnome online
accounts (https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeOnlineAccounts)

and something like org-gnome (
https://github.com/NicolasPetton/org-gnome.el/blob/master/org-gnome.el)

to export the org agenda into a format that gnome calendar can understand
and forward it to google calendar. Maybe we will get full two-way sync as
well.

This should be doable - at least for Gnome.

@ 2016-10-25 16:26 Bala Ramadurai
From: Bala Ramadurai @ 2016-10-25 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello All,
  Interesting question indeed! I had tried a whole bunch of options, but
gave up on each of those because of some kind of conflicting requirements.

Option 1: MobileOrg. Works well, but sharing particular events is tricky.
Served me the longest along with Zapier app integrations
Option 2: export to ICS and share on dropbox as a URL. Then import the URL
into google calendar as a separate calendar. I made two calendars - one for
sharing and one for personal. Since the sharing was mainly with my wife, I
set up her mobile so that it shows up the event from the shared calendar.
Limitation - she couldn't edit the event on her own.
Option 3: My latest - org-gcal. I finally figured out how to use it. Now, I
use it to sync 2 calendars. Still a bit quirky, but on the whole it works
well. I would have loved it if org-gcal could pick up scheduled items from
the middle of the org file. instead, now I have a dedicated org file for
events. Since, this syncs pretty well. My wife can edit events as well.
Only limitation is that the tokens have to refreshed once in a while. I am
still figuring out my review process based on the new setup.

I didn't use the DAV option, neither did I use the awk script. calfw is
very different from org-agenda, so I find it a bit clunky for my needs and
style.

I would love to hear more options from the group.

Have a great day!
Bala

http://balaramadurai.net

--
http://balaramadurai.net

[parent not found: <55f8276ed2d044288dc1602a9a10f9e9@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>]
* How are people handling their calendars?
@ 2016-10-23 23:36 Tristan Strange
                   ` (6 more replies)
From: Tristan Strange @ 2016-10-23 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode