* target file of capture template does not save
@ 2018-07-28  0:42 tom
From: tom @ 2018-07-28  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hey guys, I have a capture template set up pretty much the way I want it,
but the file it writes to does not save afterwards. It's a table line
template with some prompts, :prepend, :table-line-position, and
:kill-buffer.

Why doesn't the file save? Is it supposed to?
thanks

* Re: target file of capture template does not save
@ 2018-08-01 13:41 ` tom
From: tom @ 2018-08-01 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Me again. Let me try to provide a bit more info. I'm using xdotool to call
"emacsclient -c -e '(org-capture)'". In my init.el, I have both

(add-hook 'org-capture-mode-hook 'make-frame)
and
(add-hook 'org-capture-mode-hook 'delete-frame)

my capture template writes to, say, "beans.org."

I swoop in with the mouse, choose the template, finish, and the capture
frame goes away. perfect. I don't open or ever see beans.org. But when I do
visit the file, it is sitting there unsaved. How can I have it
automatically save for me? Modify the org-capture-mode hook? If that's the
case, may I have some help with the modification? Or am I missing something
else?

Thanks.

@ 2018-08-02 13:13   ` tom
From: tom @ 2018-08-02 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

You guys are so skillful and awesome you helped me without saying a word!

After looking around at
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/477/how-do-i-automatically-save-org-mode-buffers

I just added a third hook,
(add-hook 'org-capture-mode-hook 'org-save-all-org-buffers)

I'll mark this solved. Org rocks, I don't rock.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 8:41 AM tom <scrawler@gmail.com> wrote:

> Me again. Let me try to provide a bit more info. I'm using xdotool to call
> "emacsclient -c -e '(org-capture)'". In my init.el, I have both
>
> (add-hook 'org-capture-mode-hook 'make-frame)
> and
> (add-hook 'org-capture-mode-hook 'delete-frame)
>
> my capture template writes to, say, "beans.org."
>
> I swoop in with the mouse, choose the template, finish, and the capture
> frame goes away. perfect. I don't open or ever see beans.org. But when I
> do visit the file, it is sitting there unsaved. How can I have it
> automatically save for me? Modify the org-capture-mode hook? If that's the
> case, may I have some help with the modification? Or am I missing something
> else?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 7:42 PM tom <scrawler@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey guys, I have a capture template set up pretty much the way I want
>> it,  but the file it writes to does not save afterwards. It's a table line
>> template with some prompts, :prepend, :table-line-position, and
>> :kill-buffer.
>>
>> Why doesn't the file save? Is it supposed to?
>> thanks

* Re: [solved] target file of capture template does not save
@ 2018-08-02 13:19     ` tom
From: tom @ 2018-08-02 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode