You guys are so skillful and awesome you helped me without saying a word! After looking around at https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/477/how-do-i-automatically-save-org-mode-buffers I just added a third hook, (add-hook 'org-capture-mode-hook 'org-save-all-org-buffers) I'll mark this solved. Org rocks, I don't rock. On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 8:41 AM tom wrote: > Me again. Let me try to provide a bit more info. I'm using xdotool to call > "emacsclient -c -e '(org-capture)'". In my init.el, I have both > > (add-hook 'org-capture-mode-hook 'make-frame) > and > (add-hook 'org-capture-mode-hook 'delete-frame) > > my capture template writes to, say, "beans.org." > > I swoop in with the mouse, choose the template, finish, and the capture > frame goes away. perfect. I don't open or ever see beans.org. But when I > do visit the file, it is sitting there unsaved. How can I have it > automatically save for me? Modify the org-capture-mode hook? If that's the > case, may I have some help with the modification? Or am I missing something > else? > > Thanks. > > On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 7:42 PM tom wrote: > >> Hey guys, I have a capture template set up pretty much the way I want >> it, but the file it writes to does not save afterwards. It's a table line >> template with some prompts, :prepend, :table-line-position, and >> :kill-buffer. >> >> Why doesn't the file save? Is it supposed to? >> thanks >> >