* Re: A dream?
@ 2023-04-04 10:12 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2023-04-04 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List, Marko Schuetz-Schmuck

Hi Marko,

I'm teaching myself and have some lectures written with org and
exported through beamer.
It started because it is skeleton mode presentations on steroids and
it saves me a lot of time.

In my case, I don't force emacs+org-mode (as someone has already said,
they google around and desist from even taking a look behind the
scenes). What I do is showcasing. In my Python lectures, modifying the
code and showing the modified results live, both on my emacs and on
the presentation, is sort of a powerful teaser.

I follow with a couple of slides on emacs à la 'configuration for
dummies' and a small zip file with a minimal config for org and LaTeX
for the interested ones.

I can't claim a landslide, but I have a couple of 'adepts' who then go
on to use it in their professional lives every year...

Best, /PA

--
Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should
run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet

* Re: Re: A dream?
@ 2023-04-18  5:35 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2023-04-18  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bugs, Org Mode List

> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>:
>> Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> [2023-04-16 01:45]:
>> do you have a page in https://gnu.support/ explaining in detail how
>> you teach Emacs to beginners? It would be nice to have something like
>> that...
>
>I just tell them to do Emacs Tutorial. There is no need for page when
>it is built-in.
>
>I tell them, open Emacs and do the tutorial, then let me know. Later
>we do not talk much, we just do the work.

In addition to that, I have also collected a set of slides with suggestions
and
quick answers to some of the configuration hurdles. That helps a lot (they
say)
In addition, I have an article on org-mode.
I submitted to the (wrong) journal and never got published on paper ,-(
That was a couple of years ago and I have continued to update it for my
personal
reference. When people have specific interest in org-mode I pass
the lastest version in PDF and org for them to play around. The teaser for
this
is any of my lecture handouts.

Best, /PA

--
Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet

* A dream?
@ 2023-04-03 13:52 Marko Schuetz-Schmuck
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Marko Schuetz-Schmuck @ 2023-04-03 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)