* Just thinking...
@ 2024-03-07  9:46 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2024-03-07  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

duplicating export entries for LaTeX and Beamer makes the interface not
exactly clean.
We do have the LaTeX class, which should be "beamer" (I hope) for Beamer
presentations, right?

So why not use that to decide internally between (org-latex-export-...) and
(org-beamer-...) and then have a unified interaction with the user?

Best, /PA

--
Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet

* Re: Just thinking...
@ 2024-03-07 14:14 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-03-07 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez; +Cc: Org Mode List

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> duplicating export entries for LaTeX and Beamer makes the interface not
> exactly clean.
> We do have the LaTeX class, which should be "beamer" (I hope) for Beamer
> presentations, right?
>
> So why not use that to decide internally between (org-latex-export-...) and
> (org-beamer-...) and then have a unified interaction with the user?

I am afraid that implementing this would be a kludge. For technical
reasons.

For example, Org export parses keywords depending on the selected export
backend. Selected in advance.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Just thinking...
@ 2024-03-09  8:31   ` Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2024-03-09  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Org Mode List

You are right. It is easy to do from emacs-lisp scripts, looking for
LATEX_CLASS in a document and then deciding to use the org-latex-... or the
org-beamer-... functions, but it looks much more difficult in org.el itself
:(
It's just that it would look much more elegant to have only one. For me
Beamer is just a LaTeX 'feature'...

/PA

--

@ 2024-03-12 19:03     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2024-03-12 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez; +Cc: Org Mode List

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> You are right. It is easy to do from emacs-lisp scripts, looking for
> LATEX_CLASS in a document and then deciding to use the org-latex-... or the
> org-beamer-... functions, but it looks much more difficult in org.el itself
> :(
> It's just that it would look much more elegant to have only one. For me
> Beamer is just a LaTeX 'feature'...

Actually, it should be possible to modify `org-latex-export-as-latex',
`org-latex-export-to-latex', and `org-latex-export-to-pdf' to load
ox-beamer and invoke the beamer-specific export commands.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,