You are right. It is easy to do from emacs-lisp scripts, looking for LATEX_CLASS in a document and then deciding to use the org-latex-... or the org-beamer-... functions, but it looks much more difficult in org.el itself :( It's just that it would look much more elegant to have only one. For me Beamer is just a LaTeX 'feature'... /PA On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 at 15:10, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez writes: > > > duplicating export entries for LaTeX and Beamer makes the interface not > > exactly clean. > > We do have the LaTeX class, which should be "beamer" (I hope) for Beamer > > presentations, right? > > > > So why not use that to decide internally between (org-latex-export-...) > and > > (org-beamer-...) and then have a unified interaction with the user? > > I am afraid that implementing this would be a kludge. For technical > reasons. > > For example, Org export parses keywords depending on the selected export > backend. Selected in advance. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at > -- Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden, Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden Georg Kreisler Headaches with a Juju log: unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet