* Re [Patch] Pre-/postpend arbitrary LaTeX code to a section
@ 2022-09-19  8:59 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2022-09-19  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List, maciaschain

HI Juan Manuel,

Looks cool and would be a +1 from my side, since I need that too...

Can it be extended to add properties to a
#BEGIN_example
#END_example
snippet?

I already suggested that some time ago...

/PA
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet

* Re: Re [Patch] Pre-/postpend arbitrary LaTeX code to a section
@ 2022-09-20 13:19 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2022-09-20 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez; +Cc: Org Mode List, maciaschain

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> Can it be extended to add properties to a
> #BEGIN_example
> #END_example
> snippet?

Didn't we conclude that wrapping blocks during LaTeX export should be
done via special blocks? (This question has been raised multiple times,
I am unsure if you are referring to the same discussion I have in mind).

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Re [Patch] Pre-/postpend arbitrary LaTeX code to a section
@ 2022-09-20 19:35   ` Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2022-09-20 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez, Org Mode List

Ihor Radchenko writes:

>> Can it be extended to add properties to a
>> #BEGIN_example
>> #END_example
>> snippet?
>
> Didn't we conclude that wrapping blocks during LaTeX export should be
> done via special blocks? (This question has been raised multiple times,
> I am unsure if you are referring to the same discussion I have in mind).

Special blocks is usually the best solution for these cases. But
(without wishing to add more fuel to old discussions) I think it would
be nice to have as attr_latex a series of positions similar to the hooks
in the etoolbox LaTeX package:

\AtBeginEnvironment
\AtEndEnvironment
\BeforeBeginEnvironment
\AfterEndEnvironment

Something like :pre :post :precontent :postcontent.

In the case of blocks, I think this would simplify the documents a lot
if what you are looking for makes sense only in LaTeX export (special
blocks are exported to everything).

And in the case of floating objects such as tables or figures, it would
be really useful, since here you cannot resort to the use of special
blocks (*inside* those environments, I mean), and the workarounds that are
usually provided are still a bit tricky.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

Juan Manuel Macías

https://juanmanuelmacias.com

https://lunotipia.juanmanuelmacias.com

https://gnutas.juanmanuelmacias.com

* Re: Re: [Patch] Pre-/postpend arbitrary LaTeX code to a section
@ 2022-09-22  6:31 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2022-09-22  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Ihor writes;

> More concretely, I mean something like
>
> * Section
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :attr_latex: :prepend "section" \setcounter{secnumdepth}{0}
>   :attr_latex+: :prepend "section"
\addtocontents{toc}{\protect\setcounter{tocdepth}{0}\ignorespaces}
>   :attr_latex+: :append "section" \setcounter{secnumdepth}{2}
>   :attr_latex+: :append "section"
\addtocontents{toc}{\protect\setcounter{tocdepth}{2}\ignorespaces}
>   :END:

Could do if it where for the 'little' detail that a section is not an
environment in Latex
The ORG document structure mimics the LaTEX document structure. To control
headers, we need the \At... commands Juan Manuel suggests IMv(^n)HO [n>10]

My 10^-10 cents, /PA

@ 2022-09-23  5:40 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2022-09-23  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List; +Cc: Ihor Radchenko