* tags completion in a narrowed buffer
@ 2015-08-11 21:44 Stephen J. Barr
From: Stephen J. Barr @ 2015-08-11 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings,

In my workflow I frequently narrow buffers. Within a narrowed buffer, I
would like to add additional headlines with tag completion. However, the
menu of tags offered for completion are only the tags in the narrowed
buffer. Is it possible for me to specify that tag completion should always
offer me all tags in all org-agenda-files files.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen J. Barr
PhD Student, Operations Management
Dept: Information Systems and Operations Management (ISOM)
Michael G. Foster School of Business
University of Washington
Phone:  425 516 5012
Email: stevejb@uw.edu
Twitter: @stevejb
Website: http://steve.planetbarr.com

* Re: tags completion in a narrowed buffer
@ 2015-08-13  4:33 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2015-08-13  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen J. Barr; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Stephen J. Barr" <stevejb@uw.edu> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> In my workflow I frequently narrow buffers. Within a narrowed buffer,
> I would like to add additional headlines with tag completion. However,
> the menu of tags offered for completion are only the tags in the
> narrowed buffer. Is it possible for me to specify that tag completion
> should always offer me all tags in all org-agenda-files files.

(setq org-complete-tags-always-offer-all-agenda-tags t)

Matt