* org-agenda on Mac M1
@ 2023-03-16 13:31 Henrik Frisk
From: Henrik Frisk @ 2023-03-16 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

I have rrecently had to move from Linux to MacOS and setting up on an M1
computer I have run inte to ann issue I can't figure out. When I run
org-agenda I get the sub menu but if I hit 'a' emacs hangs, though I can
get it back if I hit C-g. Without my init file it works. I have gone
through all my claendar files, adding the one at a time and I have gone
through my init file using this method:

1. Remove everything except the org-agenda stuff: org-agenda works as
expected
2. Adding one piece of the config file at a time: org-agenda works after
eache addition
3. After a emacs restart org agenda fails.

I have no experience in debugging, but I tried to run debug-on-error with
org-agenda and I got the following, which is not so helpful (to me):

* org-agenda(nil)
  funcall-interactively(org-agenda nil)
  call-interactively(org-agenda record nil)
  command-execute(org-agenda record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "org-agenda" "org-agenda")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "org-agenda"
"org-agenda")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

Anyone else has a suggestion on a next step here?

/Henrik

* Re: org-agenda on Mac M1
@ 2023-03-16 13:47 ` Ruijie Yu via General discussions about Org-mode.
From: Ruijie Yu via General discussions about Org-mode. @ 2023-03-16 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henrik Frisk; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> writes:

> When I run org-agenda I get the sub menu but if I hit 'a' emacs hangs,
> though I can get it back if I hit C-g.  [...]
>
> I have no experience in debugging, but I tried to run debug-on-error
> with org-agenda and I got the following, which is not so helpful (to
> me):
>
> [...]
>
> Anyone else has a suggestion on a next step here?

What happens when you run `M-x toggle-debug-on-quit RET' right after you
run `emacs -Q', and do your usual steps to reproduce the issue?  That
might provide a more detailed backtrace for investigation.

In addition, what version of Emacs and of org are you using?  Posting
the results of these two commands would help a lot:
- `M-: emacs-repository-version RET'
- `M-x org-version RET'

--
Best,

RY

* Re: org-agenda on Mac M1
@ 2023-03-16 15:46   ` Henrik Frisk
From: Henrik Frisk @ 2023-03-16 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ruijie Yu; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Den tors 16 mars 2023 kl 14:58 skrev Ruijie Yu <ruijie@netyu.xyz>:

> Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > When I run org-agenda I get the sub menu but if I hit 'a' emacs hangs,
> > though I can get it back if I hit C-g.  [...]
> >
> > I have no experience in debugging, but I tried to run debug-on-error
> > with org-agenda and I got the following, which is not so helpful (to
> > me):
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Anyone else has a suggestion on a next step here?
>
> What happens when you run `M-x toggle-debug-on-quit RET' right after you
> run `emacs -Q', and do your usual steps to reproduce the issue?  That
> might provide a more detailed backtrace for investigation.
>
> Well, with emacs -Q there hasn't been a problem so far, so it's in my
configuration or in one of the agenda files, but it appears to happen on
random: taking out one agenda file may make it work, but then after a
restart it doesn't work, etc.

> In addition, what version of Emacs and of org are you using?  Posting
> the results of these two commands would help a lot:

Ah yes, sorry!

> - `M-: emacs-repository-version RET'

That evaluates to nil. M-x emacs-version is GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 1,
aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, Carbon Version 165 AppKit 2113.6) of 2023-02-12

> - `M-x org-version RET'

9.6.1

* Re: org-agenda on Mac M1
@ 2023-03-17 18:08     ` Henrik Frisk