* Tangling include files
@ 2016-11-23  8:24 Harry Butterworth
From: Harry Butterworth @ 2016-11-23  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Folks,

    I am attempting to switch from FunnelWeb to Org for literate
programming.  I'm stuck because I can't work out how to include .org files
and then tangle everything.  A tangle in the top level file only seems to
tangle the contents of that file and not the contents of the included files.

    I did find something on this topic in a mailing list from several years
back but the workaround posted there seems to be out of date.

    I don't want to put all my source code into one big .org file.  With
FunnelWeb, I would organize source code for public classes into an
interface file and an implementation file and private classes into a single
file so the resulting document could have a section documenting the public
API followed by the implementation.

So the top level document would end up something like this:

include X_int
include Y_int
include Z_int
include X
include Y
include Z
include P
include Q
include R

It looks to me like there have been some changes around the implementation
of INCLUDE in Org, I'm wondering if tangling include files is now supported
and if so, how to do it.

My installed Org version is 8.2.4 but obviously I'll upgrade if necessary.

Thanks

Harry