* Best practices?  Multiple .org files?
@ 2011-09-01 17:35 Brian Wood
From: Brian Wood @ 2011-09-01 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been using orgmode for 6 months and really like it. I started with
on monolithic work.org file.  I'm worried that at some point this file
will get too big and bog down emacs.  I'm not sure how big it would have
to be...?  To avoid that I'm thinking that I should break up this file
into multiple .org files in a directory.  If I do that:

1. I would like to still see the same top-level tree that I see now when
I shift-Tab e.g:

* Admin
* Drupal
* MacOS
* Linux
* Time Reports

So if I create drupal.org that contains the contents of "* Drupal", and
I remove "* Drupal" from work.org, is there a way to still see my top
level tree including "Drupal"?

2. Is there a way I can search for a string across all of my .org files
from within orgmode?

--
Brian Wood
Applications Programmer