On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Brian Wood wrote: > I've been using orgmode for 6 months and really like it. I started with on > monolithic work.org file. I'm worried that at some point this file will > get too big and bog down emacs. I'm not sure how big it would have to > be...? To avoid that I'm thinking that I should break up this file into > multiple .org files in a directory. If I do that: > > 1. I would like to still see the same top-level tree that I see now when I > shift-Tab e.g: > > * Admin > * Drupal > * MacOS > * Linux > * Time Reports > > So if I create drupal.org that contains the contents of "* Drupal", and I > remove "* Drupal" from work.org, is there a way to still see my top level > tree including "Drupal"? > > 2. Is there a way I can search for a string across all of my .org files > from within orgmode? > Yes. Search view: C-c a s This is a special search that lets you select entries by matching a substring or specific words using a boolean logic http://orgmode.org/guide/Search-view.html > > -- > Brian Wood > Applications Programmer > UC Berkeley IST Application Services > > >