* Re: automatic tangle
@ 2012-01-11 19:21 András Major
From: András Major @ 2012-01-11 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastien,

> I have the impression it's already there: if you edit your code directly in
> the Org buffer, without opening an indirect buffer, the only thing you have to
> do is:

That's precisely what I want to avoid.  I'd like to use the
language-specific indentation and highlighting using the indirect
buffer.  Basically, what I'm after is a quick keyboard command that
tangles the entire file while I'm in the indirect buffer.

> Another option is the opposite: edit in your tangled file, and untangle when
> you feel it's the right time.

I don't think that's practical, since each file can be built up from
several code blocks.  In any case, it would be too easy to lose code
that way by accidentally tangling while there are changes in the
source code file.

  András

* automatic tangle
@ 2012-01-11 14:36 András Major
From: András Major @ 2012-01-11 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi fellows,

I've just discovered that I'm missing a feature in org-mode.  These
days I write much of my code in an Org buffer and tangle it into a set
of source files.  Currently, I follow a rather cumbersome procedure
when making changes to the code:

1. I change the Org file using the C-cC-c keystroke within the code
   block I want to edit.

2. After editing, I press C-cc-c again to return to the main buffer.

3. I save the buffer.

4. I tangle the buffer using C-cC-vt.

5. For further editing, I press C-cC-c again.

I know that 3. is optional, but this still leaves me with four steps
instead of (ideally) just one.

What I would like to have is a way of reducing all this to just one
key command.  Would it make sense to introduce such a command that
simply tangles the entire buffer, including the changes made in the
language-specific buffer, but leaving that buffer open for editing?
If it's a reasonably small change, could anyone introduce it?  (I
don't have time to delve into the depths of org-mode.)

Cheers,

  András