András Major writes: > Hi fellows, > > I've just discovered that I'm missing a feature in org-mode. These > days I write much of my code in an Org buffer and tangle it into a set > of source files. Currently, I follow a rather cumbersome procedure > when making changes to the code: > > 1. I change the Org file using the C-cC-c keystroke within the code > block I want to edit. > > 2. After editing, I press C-cc-c again to return to the main buffer. > > 3. I save the buffer. > > 4. I tangle the buffer using C-cC-vt. > > 5. For further editing, I press C-cC-c again. > > I know that 3. is optional, but this still leaves me with four steps > instead of (ideally) just one. > > What I would like to have is a way of reducing all this to just one > key command. Would it make sense to introduce such a command that > simply tangles the entire buffer, including the changes made in the > language-specific buffer, but leaving that buffer open for editing? > If it's a reasonably small change, could anyone introduce it? (I > don't have time to delve into the depths of org-mode.) > > Cheers, > > András Probably not what you want but, assuming that the keys you hit are always the same, you could always define a keyboard macro, name it and save it as emacs lisp code. for example, the attached (because the insert-kbd-macro command creates emacs lisp code with control characters) defines a new command which, if starting from a code block special edit mode, exits that block, saves the file, tangles the whole buffer and re-enters the code block: You can then bind this new command to a key of your choice. Untested...