* Including headlines in export with specific tags AND no tags?
@ 2014-05-04 21:06 Rehan Iftikhar
From: Rehan Iftikhar @ 2014-05-04 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello

I'd like to export a .org file which includes all headlines without any
tags AND headlines with selected tags. Headlines with tags which do not
match the specified list are skipped.

My testing so far reveals that setting org-export-select-tags only selects
headlines which strictly match the specified tag list. I have tried
including nil, an empty string, and an empty string with a space in the
specified tag list without any luck.

Does anyone know if this is currently possible?

Thanks,
-Rehan

* Re: Including headlines in export with specific tags AND no tags?
@ 2014-05-04 21:49 ` Leonard Avery Randall
From: Leonard Avery Randall @ 2014-05-04 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rehan Iftikhar; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rehan,

Rehan Iftikhar wrote:

> I'd like to export a .org file which includes all headlines without
> any tags AND headlines with selected tags. Headlines with tags which
> do not match the specified list are skipped.

I am not sure exactly how to elegantly do what you wish to do, but
if your tag list is not too extensive, you may be able to simply
exclude all the tags you don't want. If you do not currently have a
complete list of tags, you can get one by attempting to add a tag to
headline by calling C-q and then pressing tab. That should give you
a completions buffer with a list that includes all tags in the
current .org file.  Then just add all the tags you don't want to
org-export exclude tags or to an #+EXCLUDE_TAGS line.

It's not elegant but it should work.

Hope this helps,

All the best,

Leonard

> Rehan Iftikhar <mailto:rehan.iftikhar@gmail.com>
> May 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM
> Hello
>
> I'd like to export a .org file which includes all headlines without
> any tags AND headlines with selected tags. Headlines with tags which
> do not match the specified list are skipped.
>
> My testing so far reveals that setting org-export-select-tags only
> selects headlines which strictly match the specified tag list. I have
> tried including nil, an empty string, and an empty string with a space
> in the specified tag list without any luck.
>
> Does anyone know if this is currently possible?
>
> Thanks,
> -Rehan

[-- Attachment #2.2: compose-unknown-contact.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 770 bytes --]

* Re: Including headlines in export with specific tags AND no tags?
@ 2014-05-05 13:51   ` Rehan Iftikhar
From: Rehan Iftikhar @ 2014-05-05 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leonard Avery Randall; +Cc: emacs-orgmode