* bug#28072: Org Mode Drawer Folds Unexpectedly
       [not found] <CAJhZhAoR7c4OAyWzp_AiEvdC8AucKwXo2KnS9vaiAz0_M2AvfQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-12-04 20:32 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-12-04 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mitch Norcross; +Cc: 28072

Hello,

Mitch Norcross <mitch.norcross@gmail.com> writes:

> * ISSUE: Org Mode Drawer Folds Unexpectedly
>
> ** Issue Description
>
>   - Org Mode Drawers fold (unexpected) when user attempts to unfold a plain
>     list item within the drawer after having folded it.
>
> ** Steps To Reproduce the Bug
>
>   - Steps
>       1) Create a plain list with some hierarchy in it
>       2) Put the list in a drawer
>       3) Unfold the drawer
>       4) Fold a list item that has children
>       5) Try to unfold the list item that that you folded
>   - Notice that the drawer then folds, unexpectedly
>
> :mydrawer:
>   - Plain list item with children
>       + some notes here
>       + and here
>       + some more here
> :end:

I cannot reproduce it.

More explicitly, I copied the drawer above in a new file. I folded the
top item, then immediately unfolded it. The drawer didn't move.

Am I missing something?

Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738

* bug#28072: Org Mode Drawer Folds Unexpectedly
@ 2017-12-05 15:14   ` Mitch Norcross
From: Mitch Norcross @ 2017-12-05 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: 28072

Hello Nicolas,
Thanks you so much for trying to reproduce my observation.
I see the discrepancy that you have uncovered...
It seems that to reproduce the problem, the drawer must be
inside the body of a headlined section.

So, simply adding a headline above the drawer should allow
you to reproduce the problem.  For example:

* Testing drawer that closes unexpectedly

:mydrawer:
  - Plain list item with children
      + some notes here
      + and here
      + some more here
:end:

Looking forward to hearing again from you.

Kind Regards,
/Mitch

@ 2018-01-14  9:09     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-01-14  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mitch Norcross; +Cc: 28072-done

Hello,

Mitch Norcross <mitch.norcross@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks you so much for trying to reproduce my observation.
> I see the discrepancy that you have uncovered...
> It seems that to reproduce the problem, the drawer must be
> inside the body of a headlined section.
>
> So, simply adding a headline above the drawer should allow
> you to reproduce the problem.  For example:
>
> * Testing drawer that closes unexpectedly
>
> :mydrawer:
>   - Plain list item with children
>       + some notes here
>       + and here
>       + some more here
> :end:

This is now fixed on master branch (i.e., yet to be released Org 9.2).

Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738