From: Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com>
To: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
Cc: Philipp Kiefer <phil.kiefer@gmail.com>,
	"emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [FR] Add C-u and C-u C-u prefix arguments to org-paste-subtree (was: Make org-paste-subtree more predictable and useful)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 17:35:23 -0700	[thread overview]

not sure i am fully following but it seems useful.

i thought i would report on a use case thtat might or might not be
relevant.  it seems so.

i often have

===
* heading 1
text of heading 1
* heading 2
text of heading 2

and more text
===

where | just shows where i want to yank.

and i want to make it look like this.

===
* heading 2
text of heading 2

heading 1 [/possibly/ with star removed]
text of heading 1

and more text
===

in other words i want to combine two entries into one by cutting the first
and pasting it someplace in the middle of the second.  [or, if the star is
not removed, then i want to basically truncate heading 2 with putting
heading 1 in the middle of the text of heading 2.]

what seems to occur with my settings is that heading 1 gets inserted as a
sibling below heading 2.  which doesn't help much if heading 2 has lots of
text.  so i'd like something that can allow me to at least yank at point.
others might not have this use case.  it is rather frequent for me.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com