* Minibuffer popup for org-contacts contact linking?
@ 2019-06-15  7:04 Daryl Manning
From: Daryl Manning @ 2019-06-15  7:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to figure out a way to hotkey bringing up a minibuffer in
ivy/ivy-rich much as I would with say `C-x b/k` for switching/killing
buffers, but allowing me to filter down to a contact and then, when
selected, have that put a `C-c l` link into a document for them.

Is there any way to do this? org-contacts documentation is light and while
there is a search function in there, having trouble bending it as much as
I'd like to my will (see previous message about a week's notice on
birthdays/anniversaries) though I like the fact it's nice and lightweight
and seems to do most of what I want within the workflow I've sort of
created for myself (
https://daryl.wakatara.com/a-better-gtd-and-crm-flow-for-emacs-org-mode )

Anyone have any idea or tips on how they've handled that?
thanks!
Daryl.

* Minibuffer popup for org-contacts contact linking?
@ 2019-06-15  7:05 Daryl Manning
From: Daryl Manning @ 2019-06-15  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to figure out a way to hotkey bringing up a minibuffer in
ivy/ivy-rich much as I would with say `C-x b/k` for switching/killing
buffers, but allowing me to filter down to a contact and then, when
selected, have that put a `C-c l` link into a document for them.

Is there any way to do this? org-contacts documentation is light and while
there is a search function in there, having trouble bending it as much as
I'd like to my will (see previous message about a week's notice on
birthdays/anniversaries) though I like the fact it's nice and lightweight
and seems to do most of what I want within the workflow I've sort of
created for myself (
https://daryl.wakatara.com/a-better-gtd-and-crm-flow-for-emacs-org-mode )

Anyone have any idea or tips on how they've handled that?
thanks!
Daryl.

* Re: Minibuffer popup for org-contacts contact linking?
@ 2019-06-17 11:24 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2019-06-17 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daryl Manning; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I use https://github.com/jkitchin/scimax/blob/master/contacts.el for
something like this. There are helm/ivy interfaces in there for doing
things like you describe. Mostly I use it to fill in email fields in
messages.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F

* Re: Minibuffer popup for org-contacts contact linking?
@ 2019-06-20  1:58   ` Daryl Manning
From: Daryl Manning @ 2019-06-20  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This looks impressive. Thanks! I need to spend some time with it but loos
like I can definitely steal stuff from what you’ve done for my use-cases.

Out of curiosity, since this looks superior, why did you not
fork/contribute PRa to .org-contact to fold these into the package.

thanks again!
Daryl.

@ 2019-06-20 12:07     ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2019-06-20 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)