* ditaa
@ 2011-08-13  0:06 Henri-Paul Indiogine
From: Henri-Paul Indiogine @ 2011-08-13  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org

Greetings!

Is anyone experiencing problems with LaTeX export + ditaa?   After a
git pull upgrade this morning the export to LaTeX of ditaa has changed
to hyperref.   I can post the relevant LaTeX lines if necessary.

Thanks,
Henri-Paul

--
Henri-Paul Indiogine

Curriculum & Instruction
Texas A&M University
TutorFind Learning Centre

Email: hindiogine@gmail.com
Skype: hindiogine
Website: http://people.cehd.tamu.edu/~sindiogine

* Re: ditaa
@ 2011-08-13  6:39 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2011-08-13  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Henri-Paul,

Henri-Paul Indiogine wrote:
> Is anyone experiencing problems with LaTeX export + ditaa?   After a
> git pull upgrade this morning the export to LaTeX of ditaa has changed
> to hyperref.   I can post the relevant LaTeX lines if necessary.

Yes, I think it'd help if you could post a complete -- but minimal... --
example which allows us to (try to) reproduce the problem.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: ditaa
@ 2011-08-13  6:55   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-08-13  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgwmuf@spammotel.com> wrote:

> Hi Henri-Paul,
>
> Henri-Paul Indiogine wrote:
> > Is anyone experiencing problems with LaTeX export + ditaa?   After a
> > git pull upgrade this morning the export to LaTeX of ditaa has changed
> > to hyperref.   I can post the relevant LaTeX lines if necessary.
>
> Yes, I think it'd help if you could post a complete -- but minimal... --
> example which allows us to (try to) reproduce the problem.

I just pulled

   Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.64.g1bbf)

and tried on this:

* Export a picture

Need to load ob-ditaa to execute these:

#+begin_src ditaa :file image.png :cmdline -r :exports both
+---------+
| cBLU    |
|         |
|    +----+
|    |cPNK|
|    |    |
+----+----+
#+end_src

#+results:
[[file:image.png]]

It worked fine - the link became

\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{image.png}

in the tex file.

Nick

* Re: ditaa
@ 2011-08-13  8:00     ` Henri-Paul Indiogine
From: Henri-Paul Indiogine @ 2011-08-13  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org

Greetings!

This is from my .emacs

(org-babel-do-load-languages
 'org-babel-load-languages
 '((R . t)
   (ditaa . t)
(defun my-org-confirm-babel-evaluate (lang body)
  (not (string= lang "ditaa")))  ; don't ask for ditaa
(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate 'my-org-confirm-babel-evaluate)

This is what I obtain in the exported tex file:

\hyperref[home-henk-Dropbox-dissertation-work-flow.png]{file:/home/henk/Dropbox/dissertation/work-flow.png}

The ditaa code is between these lines:

#+CAPTION: Research work flow
#+LABEL: fig:workflow
#+begin_src ditaa :file /home/henk/Dropbox/dissertation/work-flow.png
:cmdline -r -s 1.0
#+end_src

If I execute the code (C-c C-c) I obtain the following:

ditaa version 0.9, Copyright (C) 2004--2009  Efstathios (Stathis) Sideris

Running with options:
round-corners
scale = 1.0
Reading file: /tmp/babel-4681Hni/ditaa-46811gs
Locale: en_CA
Dialog.bold
Rendering to file: /home/henk/Dropbox/dissertation/work-flow.png
Done in 5sec

The png file is created.  The only issue is the faulty tex code that
is generated.

I have also noticed that the editing of the org file sometimes slows
down considerably.  Maybe it has nothing to do with it, but it
happened after I started using ditaa.  I am wondering about using TikZ
instead.

Thanks,
Henri-Paul

--

@ 2011-08-19 13:30       ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-08-19 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henri-Paul Indiogine; +Cc: emacs-org

Henri-Paul Indiogine <hindiogine@gmail.com> writes:

> Greetings!
>
> This is from my .emacs
>
> (org-babel-do-load-languages
>  'org-babel-load-languages
>  '((R . t)
>    (ditaa . t)
> (defun my-org-confirm-babel-evaluate (lang body)
>   (not (string= lang "ditaa")))  ; don't ask for ditaa
> (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate 'my-org-confirm-babel-evaluate)
>

> This is what I obtain in the exported tex file:
>
> \hyperref[home-henk-Dropbox-dissertation-work-flow.png]{file:/home/henk/Dropbox/dissertation/work-flow.png}

When I export the following simple ditaa block

#+begin_src ditaa :file work-flow.png
    +-------+             +--------+
    |       |             |        |
    | Org   |------------>| Tex    |
    |       |             |        |
    +-------+             +--------+
#+end_src

I get the following in the resulting .tex file.

\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{work-flow.png}

Are you using the most recent version of Org-mode?  Perhaps try starting
up Emacs with a minimal configuration using the -Q flag to the emacs
executable, and see if the problem persists.  If not it is caused by
something else in your configuration.

> The ditaa code is between these lines:
>
> #+CAPTION: Research work flow
> #+LABEL: fig:workflow
> #+begin_src ditaa :file /home/henk/Dropbox/dissertation/work-flow.png
> :cmdline -r -s 1.0
> #+end_src
>
> If I execute the code (C-c C-c) I obtain the following:
>
> ditaa version 0.9, Copyright (C) 2004--2009  Efstathios (Stathis) Sideris
>
> Running with options:
> round-corners
> scale = 1.0
> Reading file: /tmp/babel-4681Hni/ditaa-46811gs
> Locale: en_CA
> Dialog.bold
> Rendering to file: /home/henk/Dropbox/dissertation/work-flow.png
> Done in 5sec
>
> The png file is created.  The only issue is the faulty tex code that
> is generated.

Is the previous text inserted into your org-mode buffer?  If so then
that is certainly wrong, the only thing inserted into the org buffer as
results should be a file link to the resulting image.

> I have also noticed that the editing of the org file sometimes slows
> down considerably.  Maybe it has nothing to do with it, but it
> happened after I started using ditaa.  I am wondering about using TikZ
> instead.

This could be due to the `org-src-fontify-natively', try setting this
variable to nil and see if the problem persists.

On a side note (and personal preference) I would highly recommend using
TikZ for LaTeX documents as the finished product seamlessly integrates
with the rest of the document and scales nicely from posted to post-card
printings.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

* Re: ditaa
@ 2011-08-19 15:52         ` Henri-Paul Indiogine
From: Henri-Paul Indiogine @ 2011-08-19 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-org

Hi Eric!

2011/8/19 Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>:
> On a side note (and personal preference) I would highly recommend using
> TikZ for LaTeX documents as the finished product seamlessly integrates
> with the rest of the document and scales nicely from posted to post-card
> printings.

Yes, I agree.  I had used TikZ previously and liked it a lot.  I have
left ditaa after trying it with minimal example and still having the
problem. I do not have time to look at it any longer.

I wrote the TikZ code instead in my org file and that works very well.

Thanks,
Henri-Paul