* Orgmode on Android.
@ 2014-06-10 21:16 Johann Spies
From: Johann Spies @ 2014-06-10 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am for the first time trying to install MobileOrg on an Android device
but I have no luck syncing from Dropbox.  The wizard takes met to
Dropbox/Apps/MobileOrg/ where index.org is.  And then nothing happens
further.  If I select that directory it just shows the subdirectory
"orgmode".

Also MobileOrgNG fails on synchronization and gives no reason.

Which app do you you use?

I have it working on my old Iphone, but had no success so far on Android.

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)

* Re: Orgmode on Android.
@ 2014-06-10 21:27 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2014-06-10 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johann Spies; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 4:16 PM, Johann Spies <johann.spies@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am for the first time trying to install MobileOrg on an Android device but
> I have no luck syncing from Dropbox.  The wizard takes met to
> Dropbox/Apps/MobileOrg/ where index.org is.  And then nothing happens
> further.  If I select that directory it just shows the subdirectory
> "orgmode".

More information would be helpful. There is a setup procedure from the
Emacs/Org side, and also from the Mobile-Org side. What, for example,
did you do for the steps described here?
- http://orgmode.org/manual/MobileOrg.html

And did you push from Emacs?

There's too many variables here, so more steps and descriptions are
probably going to be necessary. I wrote an ad-hoc "howto" in another
post on the Org mailing list a couple months ago:
- http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/82891

That might help walk through the steps to see if something might have gone awry?

Best regards,
John

@ 2014-06-11 11:57   ` Johann Spies
From: Johann Spies @ 2014-06-11 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hallo John,

On 10 June 2014 23:27, John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> wrote:

> More information would be helpful. There is a setup procedure from the
> Emacs/Org side, and also from the Mobile-Org side. What, for example,
> did you do for the steps described here?

- http://orgmode.org/manual/MobileOrg.html

I will document my steps tonight and send it.

> And did you push from Emacs?

Yes.

> There's too many variables here, so more steps and descriptions are
> probably going to be necessary. I wrote an ad-hoc "howto" in another
> post on the Org mailing list a couple months ago:
> - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/82891
>
> That might help walk through the steps to see if something might have gone
> awry?

I suspect there is nothing wrong on my emacs-side because the MobileOrg on
my Iphone is working.  I recently bought an Android tablet and just wanted
it there too.

I have read last night (GMT+2) about a bug as far as something changed
recently in the Dropbox API and I suspected that the problem might be
related to it (https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/wiki/FAQ):

"Because mobileorg-android still uses the deprecated v0 of the Dropbox API,
you will need to file a Dropbox API support request from the developer site
<https://www.dropbox.com/developers> and ask them to specifically enable
your app keys to work with API v0.

NOTE: I received this from Dropbox 3/27/14 in response to a request to
enable my keys for API v0:

Thanks for writing in. The old v0 version of the API is no longer
available, so unfortunately I can't make it available for your app. There's
a migration guide here though:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/migration"

I am not a developer (as far as orgmode is concerned) and i did not have
time so far to look at the "migration reference" referred to in the above
quote.

Regards

Johann

Regards
Johann

* Re: Orgmode on Android.
@ 2014-06-17 18:34     ` Johann Spies
From: Johann Spies @ 2014-06-17 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 11 Jun 2014 1:57 PM, "Johann Spies"  wrote:

> I will document my steps tonight an post it.

Apologies for not doing that.

I discovered what my problem was: I did not see the tickbox in the Android
App's setup wizard next to the directory.  I only noticed tonight (after
many tries) a tickbox which was not very clear.  The setup wizard's gui's
contrast was poor on my screen.

Thanks for your interest in my problem.

Regards.

Johann

* Re: Orgmode on Android.
@ 2014-06-17 19:07       ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2014-06-17 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johann Spies; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Johann Spies <johann.spies@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 Jun 2014 1:57 PM, "Johann Spies"  wrote:
>
>> I will document my steps tonight an post it.
>
> Apologies for not doing that.
>
> I discovered what my problem was: I did not see the tickbox in the Android
> App's setup wizard next to the directory.  I only noticed tonight (after
> many tries) a tickbox which was not very clear.  The setup wizard's gui's
> contrast was poor on my screen.
>
> Thanks for your interest in my problem.

Not a problem, and glad you got it taken care of!

John