* Bug with (comment-line)
@ 2016-10-26  5:27 Dushyant Juneja
From: Dushyant Juneja @ 2016-10-26  5:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

(comment-line) function (bound to C-x C-; by default) seems to have a bug.
Normally, with pointer on a line, if I do C-x C-; - it comments the current
line. In org-mode, it adds comment at the end of the line.

For instance, I have the following verilog file (sth.sv) (line numbers for
clarity only):

1: program sth;
2:    input sth_else;
3: endprogram

If I press C-x C-; on line 2, it becomes:

program sth;
   // input sth_else;
endprogram

However, if I have the following in org mode:

1: #+BEGIN_SRC verilog :tangle cache.sv
2: program sth;
3:    input sth_else;
4: endprogram
5: #+END_SRC

Pressing C-x C-; with pointer on line 3 transforms it to:

1: #+BEGIN_SRC verilog :tangle sth.sv
2: program sth;
3:    input sth_else;              //
4: endprogram
5: #+END_SRC

bug or a feature? If latter, how do I comment current line in org-babel?

Dushyant

* Re: Bug with (comment-line)
@ 2016-10-26 10:42 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2016-10-26 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dushyant Juneja, emacs-org list

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016, 1:28 AM Dushyant Juneja <juneja.dushyant@gmail.com>
wrote:

> bug or a feature? If latter, how do I comment current line in org-babel?

It looks like this bug which was recently fixed in the master (dev) branch:
http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=21c6148bbe60c278abfb0f035c15c030ac0582c6

If this commit is not merged into the maint branch, you would need to git
clone the master branch and build org locally to get it. The version
available via package.el is the latest build of only the maint branch.
--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: Bug with (comment-line)
@ 2016-10-26 11:21   ` Dushyant Juneja
From: Dushyant Juneja @ 2016-10-26 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi, emacs-org list

wrote:

bug or a feature? If latter, how do I comment current line in org-babel?

It looks like this bug which was recently fixed in the master (dev) branch:
http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=21c6148bbe60c278abfb0f035c15c030ac0582c6

If this commit is not merged into the maint branch, you would need to git
clone the master branch and build org locally to get it. The version
available via package.el is the latest build of only the maint branch.

My Org-mode version is 8.3.6 (8.3.6-7-g4d7d52-elpaplus @
/.../.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20161024/)

Looking at the commit date, it is 2016-10-15 10:31:25 (GMT)

Any way I can test it whether I have this commit or not?

Dushyant

--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: Bug with (comment-line)