* Links, exporter
@ 2015-06-17  9:48 Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2015-06-17  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I have another problem/question with links related to the exporter.

I lost track of what was the behavior months ago.

Assume I have something like this :

* BAR
:PROPERTIES:
:PAGE:     bar.html
:END:

** First link       :first:
:PROPERTIES:
:CUSTOM_ID: First%20link
:END:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Donec hendrerit
tempor tellus. Donec pretium posuere tellus. Proin quam nisl, tincidunt et,
mattis eget, convallis nec, purus. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis
dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Nulla posuere. Donec vitae
dolor. Nullam tristique diam non turpis. Cras placerat accumsan
nulla. Nullam rutrum. Nam vestibulum accumsan nisl.

** Second link

*** Third level

- [[#First%20link][First link]] foo bar
- [[file:sample.org][sample.org]]
- [[http://www.google.com][Google]]

* BLOG

** DONE BLOG Entry   :blog:foo:
   CLOSED: [2015-06-17 mer. 10:15]

 Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Donec hendrerit
 tempor tellus. Donec pretium posuere tellus. Proin quam nisl, tincidunt et,
 mattis eget, convallis nec, purus. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis
 dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Nulla posuere. Donec vitae
 dolor. Nullam tristique diam non turpis. Cras placerat accumsan
 nulla. Nullam rutrum. Nam vestibulum accumsan nisl.

** DONE Second Blog entry   :blog:bar:
   CLOSED: [2015-06-17 mer. 11:17]

 [[#First%20link][First link again]]

 See if this will work.

If I try to export the "Second Blog entry" subtree by C-C C-e C-s C-b h H,
I get a user-error because the exporter can't resolve the link which points
outside of the exported subtree.

Is this expected?
Maybe that is a bad idea, but I was thinking that the link could be
resolved "as if" we were exporting the whole file rather than error it.

Thanks for enlighting me.

Fabrice

* Re: Links, exporter
@ 2015-06-17 10:42 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-06-17 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@gmail.com> writes:

> If I try to export the "Second Blog entry" subtree by C-C C-e C-s C-b h H,
> I get a user-error because the exporter can't resolve the link which points
> outside of the exported subtree.
>
> Is this expected?

Yes, unresolved links/footnotes/whatever throw errors instead of leaving
broken links.

> Maybe that is a bad idea, but I was thinking that the link could be
> resolved "as if" we were exporting the whole file rather than error
> it.

It could work for HTML export but it cannot be generalized (e.g., you
cannot have a dangling \ref{something} without a corresponding
\label{...} in LaTeX). So, it is consistent.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Links, exporter
@ 2015-06-17 19:44   ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2015-06-17 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)