* Status of macro expansion
@ 2015-08-06 15:52 Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2015-08-06 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I was looking at what text can serve as macro arguments and it seems there
are a couple of restrictions. Namely, if I export the following to html:

#+MACRO: leftcolumn @@html:<div class="left">$1</div>@@
#+MACRO: rightcolumn @@html:<div class="right">$1</div>@@

* Title

** Section

{{{leftcolumn(
[[http://www.google.com/]]
)}}}

{{{rightcolumn(
Line 1

Line 2
)}}}

Neither one of the macros work.
Is it expected ? (I assume yes)

What is the best way to put stuff side-by-side on ox-reveal (is anybody
here has already done that).

Thanks in advance,

Fabrice

* Re: Status of macro expansion
@ 2015-08-06 16:03 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2015-08-06 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@gmail.com> writes:

> I was looking at what text can serve as macro arguments and it seems there
> are a couple of restrictions. Namely, if I export the following to html:
>
> #+MACRO: leftcolumn @@html:<div class="left">$1</div>@@
> #+MACRO: rightcolumn @@html:<div class="right">$1</div>@@
>
> * Title
>
> ** Section
>
> {{{leftcolumn(
> [[http://www.google.com/]]
> )}}}
>
> {{{rightcolumn(
> Line 1
>
> Line 2
> )}}}
>
> Neither one of the macros work.
> Is it expected ? (I assume yes)

AFAICT the first macro is correctly expanded. What makes you think it
doesn't work?

However, macros, being objects, cannot cross paragraphs. The second
example is really 2 paragraphs, not a macro containing two lines.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Status of macro expansion
@ 2015-08-06 16:10   ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2015-08-06 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)