* BEGIN - END markers in manual and guide
@ 2019-07-14  7:56 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2019-07-14  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

I was wondering if we should change all the #+BEGIN and #+END stuff in the
manual and in the compact guide to lower case?  This is what the structure
templates insert, and it also looks better.  I'd be willing to do it, just
wondering if there are objections.

Carsten

* Re: BEGIN - END markers in manual and guide
@ 2019-07-14  8:07 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-07-14  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: org-mode list

Hello,

Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> writes:

> I was wondering if we should change all the #+BEGIN and #+END stuff in the
> manual and in the compact guide to lower case?  This is what the structure
> templates insert, and it also looks better.  I'd be willing to do it, just
> wondering if there are objections.

Upper case is used as a way to emphasize specific syntax in code
snippets.

Also, in typesetting conventions,

    - =TITLE=, =BEGIN= ... =END= ::

      Keywords and blocks are written in uppercase to enhance their
      readability, but you can use lowercase in your Org files.

Therefore, I do not object to this change, but I do think it is not
necessary.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: BEGIN - END markers in manual and guide
@ 2019-07-14 12:08   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2019-07-14 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik, org-mode list