* prevent auto appending #+INCLUDE files title
@ 2015-11-23 14:57 Manuel Koell
From: Manuel Koell @ 2015-11-23 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried to use #+INCLUDE "sitemap.org" :only-contents t with the
:auto-sitemap option on my publishing project, but whenever I include a
file this way the title appends to the exported document title.

example file (test.org)

```
#+TITLE: My title

#+INCLUDE "sitemap.org" :only-contents t
```

Now the exported document title test.html contains the title: My title
Sitemap
Expected behaviour: the title I set with #+TITLE

Why is orgmode doingt such "smart" things for me?

* Re: prevent auto appending #+INCLUDE files title
@ 2015-11-23 17:13 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-11-23 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Manuel,

Manuel Koell <man.koell@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to use #+INCLUDE "sitemap.org" :only-contents t with the
> :auto-sitemap option on my publishing project, but whenever I include a
> file this way the title appends to the exported document title.
>
> example file (test.org)
>
> ```
>
> #+TITLE: My title
>
> #+INCLUDE "sitemap.org" :only-contents t
> ```
>
> Now the exported document title test.html contains the title: My title
> Sitemap
> Expected behaviour: the title I set with #+TITLE

Currently :only-contents is just referring to a headline or so.  E.g.

          #+include: "test.org::#head1" :only-contents t

will limit the input to the sense of contents as understood by
org-element.

I agree that it might extend the meaning of :only-contents to also work on
full files, though it’s not clear what the proper behavior is.  In
particular, what keywords would it extend to?  E.g. what about
#+backend_header lines, e.g. #+html_header?  To me, this sounds like a
difficult problem to get right...

An easy fix in your problem in this case is probably :lines "2-".

Rasmus

--
I feel emotional landscapes they puzzle me

* Re: prevent auto appending #+INCLUDE files title
@ 2015-11-23 17:28   ` Manuel Koell
From: Manuel Koell @ 2015-11-23 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Rasmus,

I think you got me wrong or I don't understand correctly ^^

The problem is, when I export a file which uses #+INCLUDE inside, for
example my index.org where I want to include the latest 5 posts (generated
from sitemap.org). The exported index.html has the wrong title/h1 then:
<title>My title Sitemap</title>. The files I used to include append their
title to the index.org document then. This is not something I would expect
if I already set the #+TITLE option. Idk if this is a bug or a feature. Do
you've any workaround? I dont know why orgmode is mess up my title.

@ 2015-11-23 17:33     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2015-11-23 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: man.koell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Manuel Koell <man.koell@gmail.com> writes:

> I think you got me wrong or I don't understand correctly ^^

I don’t think so.

> The problem is, when I export a file which uses #+INCLUDE inside, for
> example my index.org where I want to include the latest 5 posts (generated
> from sitemap.org). The exported index.html has the wrong title/h1 then:
> <title>My title Sitemap</title>. The files I used to include append their
> title to the index.org document then. This is not something I would expect
> if I already set the #+TITLE option. Idk if this is a bug or a feature.

This is a feature.  Basically, it follows from the fact that you can write
something like this:

    #+title: the first part of long title
    #+title: and the second part

#+include works by inserting the included document at the right place.
So the buffer ox parses looks something like this.

    #+Title: main title
    # ...
    #+Title: sitemap
    # ...

> Do you've any workaround? I dont know why orgmode is mess up my title.

Use :lines "2-", since your unwanted #+title is probably at line 1.

Rasmus

--
Er du tosset for noge' lårt!

* Re: prevent auto appending #+INCLUDE files title
@ 2015-11-23 18:28       ` Manuel Koell
From: Manuel Koell @ 2015-11-23 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)