* How to set up a recurring task wich is automatically set on done
@ 2012-11-09 15:39 Ukhara Arahku
From: Ukhara Arahku @ 2012-11-09 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have to do a job every 2 weeks on Friday

I want to have a task which:
- remembers me (or is shown in the agenda) 2 days before, thus Wednesday
- when the recurring date is over it is set on DONE automatically
- and is shown again 2 days before the next Friday another 2 weeks

Any hints?

Thanks, ukhara

* Re: How to set up a recurring task wich is automatically set on done
@ 2012-11-10 10:09 ` Memnon Anon
From: Memnon Anon @ 2012-11-10 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Ukhara Arahku <ukhara@gmail.com> writes:

> I have to do a job every 2 weeks on Friday
>
> I want to have a task which:
> - remembers me (or is shown in the agenda) 2 days before, thus
> Wednesday
> - when the recurring date is over it is set on DONE automatically
> - and is shown again 2 days before the next Friday another 2 weeks

Hmm,

requirement 1 and 3 would be something like this:

  DEADLINE: <2012-11-11 So ++2w -2d>

, a repeated task with an explicit deadline for the item.

Regarding 2, the setting to DONE automatically bit:
May I ask, why you consider that? It doesn't seem really
useful to me; a status change, purely based on time, does not convey any
information whatsoever afaict.

Memnon

* Re: How to set up a recurring task wich is automatically set on done
@ 2012-11-10 13:29   ` Ukhara Arahku
From: Ukhara Arahku @ 2012-11-10 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Memnon Anon

thanks for this syntax.
2012/11/10 Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com>

> requirement 1 and 3 would be something like this:
>
>   DEADLINE: <2012-11-11 So ++2w -2d>
>
> , a repeated task with an explicit deadline for the item.
>
> Regarding 2, the setting to DONE automatically bit:
> May I ask, why you consider that? It doesn't seem really
> useful to me; a status change, purely based on time, does not convey any
> information whatsoever afaict.

In this special issue I have to do a report every two weeks and the agenda
should only remember myself; in case the date passed, it doesn't matter:
 the status should change for a fortnight to DONE

I don't want to have list of items in the agenda, which are always done and
I have to change manually the status.

@ 2012-11-10 19:04     ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2012-11-10 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ukhara Arahku; +Cc: Memnon Anon, Org Mode

Hi Ukhara

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Ukhara Arahku <ukhara@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/11/10 Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@googlemail.com>
>> [...]
>>   DEADLINE: <2012-11-11 So ++2w -2d>
>> [...]

> In this special issue I have to do a report every two weeks and the agenda
> should only remember myself; in case the date passed, it doesn't matter:
> the status should change for a fortnight to DONE
>
> I don't want to have list of items in the agenda, which are always done and
> I have to change manually the status.

Maybe you want to use

* TODO task
  <2012-11-23 Fri ++2w>

or if you really don’t want to look ahead in the agenda and really
want the reminders on the two days before

* TODO task (due on Fri)
  <2012-11-21 Wed ++2w>
  <2012-11-22 Thu ++2w>
  <2012-11-23 Fri ++2w>

which will shift all three timestamps synchronously when set to DONE.

This can even be used without TODO when there is no need for the
possibility of getting the task out of the way when it’s done before
it’s overdue.

Michael

* Re: How to set up a recurring task wich is automatically set on done
@ 2012-11-10 22:44       ` Ukhara Arahku
From: Ukhara Arahku @ 2012-11-10 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode