* PDF output from Org
@ 2014-06-27 20:15 David Masterson
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: David Masterson @ 2014-06-27 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I'm doing my first paper in Org and outputting it to PDF.  So far, it's
been pretty easy and the results look quite good.  The one issue that
I'm wondering about is "page setup".  The output looks like it was done
with ~2.5" margins all around which means that, on an 8.5"x11" paper,
almost 5" is wasted.

How do I control the page margins that Org uses in its Latex/PDF output?
--
David Masterson
Programmer At Large

* Re: PDF output from Org
@ 2014-06-27 20:31 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2014-06-27 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Masterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Greetings,

Did you try searching for this?
- http://lmgtfy.com/?q=latex+pdf+margins+orgmode

To be fair, Orgmode has a default LaTeX article class, so you'd really
want to be searching for how to change LaTeX margins. Find the option
you want and put that into your Org document with #+latex_header:
\blah{blah}. This is a good reference:
- http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Page_Layout

This just recently came up on the mailing list (found via the google
search above):
- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-04/msg00967.html

Hope that helps,
John

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 3:15 PM, David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing my first paper in Org and outputting it to PDF.  So far, it's
> been pretty easy and the results look quite good.  The one issue that
> I'm wondering about is "page setup".  The output looks like it was done
> with ~2.5" margins all around which means that, on an 8.5"x11" paper,
> almost 5" is wasted.
>
> How do I control the page margins that Org uses in its Latex/PDF output?
> --
> David Masterson
> Programmer At Large

* Re: PDF output from Org
@ 2014-06-28 18:44 ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2014-06-28 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Masterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

For when we can't just use A4:

,----
| #+LATEX_CLASS: article
| #+LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [letterpaper, 12pt]
| #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[paperwidth=8.5in, paperheight=11in,
hmargin=0.5in, vmargin=0.5in]{geometry}
`----
Grant Rettke | ACM, ASA, FSF, IEEE, SIAM
gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
“Wisdom begins in wonder.” --Socrates
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop
taking it seriously.” --Thompson

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 3:15 PM, David Masterson <dsmasterson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing my first paper in Org and outputting it to PDF.  So far, it's
> been pretty easy and the results look quite good.  The one issue that
> I'm wondering about is "page setup".  The output looks like it was done
> with ~2.5" margins all around which means that, on an 8.5"x11" paper,
> almost 5" is wasted.
>
> How do I control the page margins that Org uses in its Latex/PDF output?
> --
> David Masterson
> Programmer At Large

* Re: PDF output from Org