From: Luis Anaya <papoanaya@hotmail.com>
To: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
Cc: "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Features and stuff I've been working on.
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 04:45:26 -0400	[thread overview]

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> but the first line says it's org-groff-mom.el...

Yes, I need to clean that code up. That's why it's in the development
branch still.

>> org-groff-mom.el :: Groff exporter using MOM's macros. This one is
>> almost complete. (http://www.schaffter.ca/mom/mom-01.html)
>
> How much duplicate code with org-e-groff.el?  If the amount is not
[chop...]
> should merge them somehow.

This would require some thought, but it has been on my radar. The reason
why this is tricky is because even though they both use
Groff, their behavior is different in some cases.

There are a lot of items that are shared among them, like tables fonts
and picture handling, but there are some constructs that have a totally
different behavior. Notably:

1. MM defines numbered headings with .H and unumbered with .HU. MOM asks
you to defined the type of heading you want at start.

2. MM terminates all constructs, MOM does not in some cases.
For example .DS C/DE for centralizing in MM but in MOM I have to specify
the next type of justification after a .CENTER which may not correspond
to the previous justification type.

3. Letter macros work slightly different, but not horrible. But MOM
letter macros are unforgiving on the order in which the Macros
are called in.

4. Font definitions are slightly different \fB vs \*[BOLD] but MOM
macros can use \fB just as well.

5. Colors are handled slightly different. MOM is a lot smarter on color
handling than MM, but MOM is ok with using Groff commands on colors.

The bottom line, considering that there's a lot of shared code, I think
it's doable to merge both, Now that I have a working MOM exporter I
should be able to accomodate for nuances on each set during merge.

> This looks very useful.  Please share the code on this list when you
> think it's ready for inclusion.
>

>> org-e-groff.el ::

I need to push this to Org's Git. I do not think I want to wait until I
go through the exercise of merging MOM and MM's sets into one file to
get that out of the door.

Now, back to bed. (allergies are killing me).

--
Luis Anaya
papo anaya aroba hot mail punto com