From: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
To: Luis Anaya <papoanaya@hotmail.com>
Cc: "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Features and stuff I've been working on.
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 06:55:08 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Luis,

Luis Anaya <papoanaya@hotmail.com> writes:

> I was interchanging emails with Bastien regarding some items I've been
> working on for the past few month in my spare time. Some will be posted
> into the development branch, but for others I would like to get some
> feedback if these should be made available or not in the org-mode
> github, they're available on mine (https://github.com/papoanaya/emacs_utils)

Can you send the link to the source code for each contribution?

E.g. In the "develop" branch, I've found this

https://github.com/papoanaya/emacs_utils/blob/develop/org-mom.el

but the first line says it's org-groff-mom.el...

> New items
>
> ob-mathomatic.el :: Babel mode for Mathomatic. Mathomatic is a CAS written
> in C. Very small and portable. I wrote it out of necessity being that my Atrix
> does not have enough drive space for anything too big.  It supports
> plotting via gnuplot. For more information go to.
> (www.mathomatic.org)

Looks useful.

> org-groff-mom.el :: Groff exporter using MOM's macros. This one is
> almost complete. (http://www.schaffter.ca/mom/mom-01.html)

How much duplicate code with org-e-groff.el?  If the amount is not
small, would it make sense to let org-e-groff.el know that the user
wants to use the MOM macros through a customizable option?  If the
files have the same user-base and share a lot of code, I guess we
should merge them somehow.

> org-platypus.el :: Exporter mode for Platypus. Platypus is a small
> typesetter written in java that is still in active development. Not
> something I would put in main yet being that there are missing features
> in the typesetter. (like no numbered headings!)
>
> But it is good enough to play with it. You can see the
> results at https://www.box.com/s/b02f017f0d8854c6cbdb
> (platypus.pz.org)

Great to see so many exporters :)

> ob-tcl.el :: I work with TCL daily, I just had to do it. It's a clone of
> the ob-perl.el one translated to TCL. This should also work with expect and
> ns2. (ww.tcl.tk)

This looks very useful.  Please share the code on this list when you
think it's ready for inclusion.

> ob-jlang.el :: C'mon, there's nothing cooler than:
> #+begin_src jlang :results output
> a =. +/%$
> echo a i. 10
> #+end_src
> :) This is org babel for JLanguage. This one is still in the works, but
> it is functional. It has support for JConsole only (which makes sense).
> (www.jsoftware.com)
>
> For those curious enough, the code computes the average from 0 to 9.
>
> ob-newlisp.el :: Why newlisp? Well, there's picolisp and other lisps
> available. I use newlisp for a lot for system programming at home, so
> there. Based on the ob-picolisp.el code. (www.newlisp.org)

Great.  I wonder why there is no Babel support for the Arc lisp
(http://paulgraham.com/arc.html) ...

> org-e-groff.el ::
>
> 1. Ability to inline .PNG and JPEG. It wil use pngtopnm/pngtops or sam2p
> for translating raster into Groff. But the process should be
> automatic. This enables the use of ditaa on Groff exports. It is
> controlled with a variable to allow disabling the feature if none of
> these options are available.
> 2. Ability to resize pic images. Height and attributes are now available
> for .pic images in addition to eps ones.

Wow.  Again, great!  I wish I had more documents (and less code) to
write to get more occasions to enjoy all these features :)

Thanks!

--
 Bastien