* .ods opens file in Emacs, not OpenOffice
@ 2010-07-27  0:54 C64 Whiz
From: C64 Whiz @ 2010-07-27  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've searched for an answer but can't find a simple one.  I have an
OpenOffice document (.ods) I'd like to link to in my .org files.  So I have
the following syntax:

  [[file:c:/mydata/myfile.ods][File Description]]

When I click on the link in OrgMode, Emacs opens the file and not
OpenOffice.  Yet, when I'm in file explorer (yes, Windows), double clicking
the file does open up Open Office.  So I know the association is there.

I know there is a variable called 'org-file-apps, but I thought the file
system was supposed to handle any extension not known my OrgMode?  If I do
need 'org-file-apps, please provide an example where I may *add* to the list
rather then re-defining the existing list.  I'd hate to re-do "associations"
OrgMode already made.

Thanks!

--C64Whiz