* Re: org-odt list bug - help reproducing?
@ 2010-11-12 12:10 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2010-11-12 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com>wrote:

> Matt
>
> I am unable to reproduce the said behaviour.
>
> From my work-area (which is same as that in git), the odt produced is
> valid. I am attaching the odts produced in my work area. Let me know if
> what is attached is not what you expect.

I wonder if anyone on the list can reproduce the bug I'm finding in
Jambunathan's odt exporter?   The attached org file creates the attached
invalid odt file for me -- this is true both on my main laptop and in a
clean environment I just went to some trouble to create on another computer,
but J cannot reproduce the error.  I'm wondering if perhaps there's some
implicit dependency in J's code somewhere that neither of us sees, and that
isn't fulfilled on either of my systems.  I can't think of any other
explanation....

thanks as  always for your help!
Matt

[-- Attachment #2: desc_test_short1.odt --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 7080 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: desc_test_short_2.odt --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text, Size: 7176 bytes --]

* Re: org-odt list bug - help reproducing?
@ 2010-11-12 12:43 ` Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2010-11-12 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if anyone on the list can reproduce the bug I'm finding in
> Jambunathan's odt exporter?   The attached org file creates the attached
> invalid odt file for me

gnashing of teeth...  I failed to attach the right files -- attached here is
the original org file which generates desc_test_short_2.odt attached in my
previous email.  thanks,
matt

[-- Attachment #2: desc_test_short_2.org --]

#+TITLE:     description of activity
#+AUTHOR:    Matt Price
#+EMAIL:     matt.price@utoronto.ca
#+DATE:      2010-11-04 Thu
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en
#+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil toc:nil ltoc:t mouse:underline buttons:0 path:http://orgmode.org/org-info.js
#+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+LINK_UP:
#+LINK_HOME:
#+XSLT:
* Description of Activity (5p)
*Goal and Objectives:* The goal of this project is to encourage the creation of a community of historians who use 21st-Century media technologies to collaborate with each other, communities of interest, and the public in a way that goes beyond "dissemination" by transforming the process by which historical narratives are produced. Building from the conviction that important elements of the public sphere have already moved to the digital realm, the project aims both to cultivate a strong public discourse around historical questions, and to incubate emergent forms of historical research made possible through digital media and technologies.  Our goals will be implemented via the following objectives:
- the development of a research network that links NGOs and community groups in Southwestern Ontario with academic researchers, but also extends tendrils internationally to researchers across Canada and the United States;
- the creation of an online software platform that (a) opens up the historical research process to communities of interest, from the inception of a research program to its conclusions, (b) provides a forum for academics to address interested publics directly, (c) guides members of the lay public in the skills and methods of historical research and thinking, (d) provides a framework through which students and faculty can collaborate with each other and with community groups on historical work, and (e) embraces an ethics of open and collaborative access within research practices and the software platform.
- the deployment of a pilot project, "Global City/Local History", which deploys the new platform to tell stories of multicultural Toronto, one of the world's most diverse cities.

* Re: org-odt list bug - help reproducing?
@ 2010-11-12 20:51 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2010-11-12 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Matt

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Matt
>
>     I am unable to reproduce the said behaviour.
>
>     From my work-area (which is same as that in git), the odt produced is
>     valid. I am attaching the odts produced in my work area. Let me know if
>     what is attached is not what you expect.
>

> I wonder if anyone on the list can reproduce the bug I'm finding in
> Jambunathan's odt exporter?   The attached org file creates the attached
> invalid odt file for me -- this is true both on my main laptop and in a clean
> environment I just went to some trouble to create on another computer, but J
> cannot reproduce the error.  I'm wondering if perhaps there's some implicit
> dependency in J's code somewhere that neither of us sees, and that isn't
> fulfilled on either of my systems.  I can't think of any other explanation....

Looks like it had been a pretty rough start for you ... Tried one more
round in reproducing the problem. But I cannot reproduce it at all.

If someone helps me in reproducing the bug, I will be happy to address
it in no time.

To encourage new users to try out the OpenOffice exporter, I have
revised the instructions in "How to export to OpenOffice?" section of
the README.org file.

- http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/oo.git/blob/HEAD:/contrib/odt/README.org

I suggest that you download the entire repo or the snapshot. Check that
you are using the URL that ends in "oo.git".

I am *pretty confident* that the OpenOffice exporter can handle simple
text - headlines, paragraphs, lists - very reliably.

How I tried reproducing the problem and failed:

1. I freshly cloned the repository.
2. Started emacs without any customization.
   "C:\Program Files\emacs-23.1.91\bin\runemacs.exe" --debug-init -Q
3. M-: (setq org-odt-base-dir "~/src/oo/") RET
4. M-x (load-file (expand-file-name "./contrib/odt/setup.el" org-odt-base-dir))
5. C-x C-f desc_test_short_2.org
6. I did a C-c C-e O.
7. I am seeing that OpenOffice launches and opens the file
   desc_test_short_2.odt without any complaints.

Jambunathan K.

* Re: org-odt list bug - help reproducing?
@ 2010-11-12 21:36   ` Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2010-11-12 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode