* time stamps in table of contents
@ 2013-02-12  9:28 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-02-12  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org List

Hi,

this is a question for CSS experts.

I am trying to get rid of time stamps in HTML export.  So I am using a CSS file which contains among other things:

  #table-of-contents {
	font-size: 100%;
	position: fixed;
	display: block;
	left: 10px;
	top: 164px;
	width: 300px;
	bottom: 2px;
	line-height: 1.0em;
	overflow: auto;
        border-style:none;
  }

  #table-of-contents timestamp {
	display:none;
  }

One of the lines in the table of contents looks like this:

So I had been hoping this would get rid of the timestamp in the table of context.  It does not.  Does anyone know why?

Cheers!

- Carsten

* Re: time stamps in table of contents
@ 2013-02-12  9:48 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-02-12  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> this is a question for CSS experts.
>
> I am trying to get rid of time stamps in HTML export. So I am using a CSS
> file which contains among other things:
>
>   #table-of-contents {
> 	font-size: 100%;
> 	position: fixed;
> 	display: block;
> 	left: 10px;
> 	top: 164px;
> 	width: 300px;
> 	bottom: 2px;
> 	line-height: 1.0em;
> 	overflow: auto;
>         border-style:none;
>   }
>
>   #table-of-contents timestamp {
> 	display:none;
>   }
>

> One of the lines in the table of contents looks like this:

> So I had been hoping this would get rid of the timestamp in the table of
> context. It does not. Does anyone know why?

You don't use the `>' selector for direct child, so that shouldn't be the
problem (the fact that timestamp is not a direct child, but a grandchild).

Don't you forget the `.' in front of timestamp, for the "class" spec?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: time stamps in table of contents
@ 2013-02-12  9:59   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-12  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

"Sebastien Vauban"
<wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Don't you forget the `.' in front of timestamp, for the "class"
> spec?

Yes

   #table-of-contents .timestamp {
 	display:none;
   }

works correctly.

--
 Bastien

* Re: time stamps in table of contents
@ 2013-02-12 10:35 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-02-12 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:
>   #table-of-contents timestamp {
> 	display:none;
>   }

You want a class selector (".") there, not an ID selector ("#").  Also you
should probably mark this "!important" so it doesn't get overriden later.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: time stamps in table of contents
@ 2013-02-12 11:38     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-02-12 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: public-emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ, Sebastien Vauban

Yes, thank you everyone for replying, this indeed works.

- Carsten

--
Happiness is a false goal. You cannot pursue an emotion.  Happiness is a byproduct of having a purpose in life -- Julia Sweeney

* Re: time stamps in table of contents
@ 2013-02-12 11:39   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-02-12 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 12 feb. 2013, at 11:35, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@NexGo.DE> wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>  #table-of-contents timestamp {
>> 	display:none;
>>  }
>
> You want a class selector (".") there, not an ID selector ("#").  Also you
> should probably mark this "!important" so it doesn't get overriden later.

I am dumber than you think, how exactly would I do this?  Add an exclamation mark?  Where?

Thanks

@ 2013-02-12 11:41     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-12 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

> I am dumber than you think, how exactly would I do this?  Add an
> exclamation mark?  Where?

This should do:

#table-of-contents .timestamp {
 	display:none !important;
}

--
 Bastien

* Re: time stamps in table of contents
@ 2013-02-12 11:42       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2013-02-12 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Achim Gratz, emacs-orgmode

OK, thank you!

- Carsten

--
Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.  But first ask them if it is alright -- Julia Sweeney