* Tag inheritance
@ 2010-03-21  5:35 Chao Lu
From: Chao Lu @ 2010-03-21  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,

Is it possible for all the headlines inherit tags from the *filename?* If we
could make it a in-buffer setting, that will be great. For example, I
usually write notes related to Emacs in a file called Emacs.org. ^.^

All the best,

Chao
*
*

* Tag Inheritance
@ 2008-10-06 12:04 Jean-Marie Gaillourdet
From: Jean-Marie Gaillourdet @ 2008-10-06 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi list,

I am new to this list and somewhat new to org-mode. My .emacs includes

(setq org-tag-alist
      '( (:startgroup)
         ("@phone" . ?1) ("@laptop" . ?2) ("@online" . ?3) ("@uni" . ?4)
("@kl" . ?5)
         ("@home" . ?6) ("@thinking" . ?7) ("@programming" . ?8)
("@writing" . ?9) ("@meeting" . ?0)
         (:endgroup)
         (:startgroup) ("APH" . ?a) ("AGMEETING" . ?g) (:endgroup)
         (:startgroup) ("idea" . ?i) ("question" . ?q) ("reference" .
?r) ("note" . ?o) (:endgroup)
         (:startgroup) ("work" . ?w) ("private" . ?p) (:endgroup)
         (:startgroup)
         ("refile" . ?f)
         (:endgroup)
         (:startgroup)
         ("project" . ?j)
         ("dissertation" .?s)
         (:endgroup)
         (:startgroup)
         ("review_daily" . ?m)
         ("review_weekly" . ?,)
         ("review_monthly" . ?.)
         (:endgroup)
         ))

(setq org-use-tag-inheritance '("work" "private"))

I thought this should have the effect, that work and private are
inherited while all other tags are not.

But C-c C-c on the second line of:

* Test 1                       :@laptop:work:
*** Test 2

shows, that @laptop is inherited while work is not inherited. The
documentation of org-use-tag-inheritance states

> This may also be a list of tags that should be inherited, or a regexp
> that matches tags that should be inherited.

Therefore, I assumed that work should be inherited and @laptop. Is this
a bug in the documentation or the implementation? How can I get the
negated behaviour?

Best regards,
 Jean

* Tag inheritance
@ 2007-12-12 15:32 Carl Bolduc
From: Carl Bolduc @ 2007-12-12 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

HI everyone,

I saw the demo of OmniFocus today and I decided to create a similar
setup using Org-Mode in Emacs.

The only thing that is left to setup is tag inheritance.

At the moment, if I set a tag only for the main heading of a section,
its subheading don't show up when I search for the tag. I would like
the subheading to show up when I search for a tag...

The documentation says:
...you can influence inheritance and searching using the variables
org-use-tag-inheritance and org-tags-match-list-sublevels

I'm still new to Org and Emacs, can someone help me setup those variables?

Thanks!
Carl

* Tag Inheritance
@ 2007-05-30 13:34 Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2007-05-30 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I understand from the example in the manual that sublevels inherit the
parent's tags:

* One			:Top:
** Two			:Middle:
*** Three		:Bottom:

So "Three" matches Top, Middle, and Bottom.

What I'm confused with is that I may have multiple headings, and all
headings at the same level seem to be inheriting across the same level.

* Major heading
** Item One		:DEV:
** Item Two		:PROD:
** Item Three		:DEV:
** Item Four		:PROD:

I search (C-u C-c \), and match DEV, and I get all four Items
returned.

I search again, and match PROD, and I get Items Two through Four, but
not One.

This looks inconsistent to me. Can someone verify?

I'm using org-4.74 with emacs 21.4.1.

Thanks.