* org-sync and redmine
@ 2013-02-22 12:38 Rémi Letot
From: Rémi Letot @ 2013-02-22 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello again org world,

org is real nice and all for my personnal organization, but I now have
to communicate with others for some projects. Org-sync to the rescue,
and as I dislike using hosted services like github or bitbucket, the
natural choice is redmine.

So I installed redmine, tested it, and all is well under the sun. Except
that org-sync (at least the redmine backend) seems to be lacking quite a
bit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the most current org-sync
comes from here:

https://github.com/daimrod/org-sync

With that, the first errors that I got came from org-element, so I installed
org-element from git HEAD (as instructed in the doc).

Then I have no lisp errors, but the result is not very useable.

Issues import ok, but they are all closed in org, and the descriptions
are missing the last character. If I sync what I imported, I get
conflicts about the descriptions: local has descriptions minus one char,
and remote has an additionnal «^M» at the end. I am offered to resolve
the conflicts, but somehow this gets me duplicate issues at the next
sync :-(

Ok my non existent lisp knowledge would slow me to a crawl, but I can
probably solve that problem. However the issues being interpreted as
closed seems a bit further out of my reach. And this is after a quick
small test, so I have no idea what lurks further down that road. If the
whole org-sync is out of date and needs some rough love, there is no way
I can tackle that with my level of lisp knowledge.

So I get to ask if anyone that I'm not aware of is still currently
working on org-sync, and if yes if they are interrested in fixing the
redmine backend ?

I can provide a test account and project on a recent redmine if that
helps, and I can try to help a bit on the org-sync side, although my
lisp knowledge is near zero and overall programming just a bit over that
:-) But I'm willing to help and learn if some more competent soul is in
it.

Rémi

* Re: org-sync and redmine
@ 2013-02-22 13:23 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-22 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rémi Letot; +Cc: daimrod, emacs-orgmode, Aurélien Aptel

Hi Rémi,

hobbes@poukram.net (Rémi Letot) writes:

> So I get to ask if anyone that I'm not aware of is still currently
> working on org-sync, and if yes if they are interrested in fixing the
> redmine backend ?

Daimrod is working on it and I think he is interested in the Redmine
sync too.

Daimrod, let me know if you want write access to org-sync.git repo
on orgmode.org, you could then merge your changes directly.

Aurélien, do you want to maintain org-sync or would you be okay to
let Daimrod take over maintainership if Daimrod asks for it?

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-sync and redmine
@ 2013-02-25 18:55   ` Daimrod
From: Daimrod @ 2013-02-25 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Aurélien Aptel, Rémi Letot

Hello Bastien,

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
> hobbes@poukram.net (Rémi Letot) writes:
>> So I get to ask if anyone that I'm not aware of is still currently
>> working on org-sync, and if yes if they are interrested in fixing the
>> redmine backend ?
>
> Daimrod is working on it and I think he is interested in the Redmine
> sync too.

Yes, I would like to get the redmine backend practical, but I need time
to understand org-sync and time to work on it, and I don't expect to
find the time before mid-april.

> Daimrod, let me know if you want write access to org-sync.git repo
> on orgmode.org, you could then merge your changes directly.

I'm still only playing with org-sync and I don't fully understand the
changes I've merged, so I won't push before I'm more confident with my
understanding of org-sync.

Unless Aurélien is against it, because he wants to discuss before
changes are made, you can give me the write access and I'll merge when I
could.

--
Daimrod/Greg

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: org-sync and redmine
@ 2013-02-26 10:12     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-02-26 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daimrod; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Aurélien Aptel, Rémi Letot

Hi Daimrod,

Daimrod <daimrod@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm still only playing with org-sync and I don't fully understand the
> changes I've merged, so I won't push before I'm more confident with my
> understanding of org-sync.

Thanks.  There is no hurry here anyway, so take your time.

> Unless Aurélien is against it, because he wants to discuss before
> changes are made,

I'll ping Aurélien and ask him.

> you can give me the write access and I'll merge when I could.

Done, best,

--
 Bastien