* calfw-org broken?
@ 2012-08-30  6:34 Michal Sojka
From: Michal Sojka @ 2012-08-30  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

I've just discovered calfw[1]. When I try it to display my Org schedule
with cfw:open-org-calendar, it fails when executing
(org-compile-prefix-format nil), because it cannot open agenda buffer.
So I put (org-prepare-agenda "calfw-org") in front of that command,
which makes it not to fail and display the calendar somehow.

However, there is still something broken. Calfw navigation keys do not
work, the calendar view is displayed in the newly split window (perhaps
intended for the agenda buffer) and that window is scrolled after the
calendar so that I have to press PgUp to actually see the calendar.

Does anybody have the same problem or better a fix for it?

Org-mode version 7.8.11, I've tried that with both emacs 23 and 24.

[1]: https://github.com/kiwanami/emacs-calfw

Thanks,
-Michal

* Re: calfw-org broken?
@ 2012-08-30  6:48 ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-30  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Michal Sojka <sojkam1@fel.cvut.cz> writes:

Hi Nichal:

> Does anybody have the same problem or better a fix for it?
>
> Org-mode version 7.8.11, I've tried that with both emacs 23 and 24.

Works fine here with the latest org-mode and calfw-org, both from git.

Cheers,
Charles

--
"...and scantily clad females, of course.  Who cares if it's below zero
outside"

* Re: calfw-org broken?
@ 2012-08-30  7:43   ` Michal Sojka
From: Michal Sojka @ 2012-08-30  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Philip Chan, Org-mode

On Thu, Aug 30 2012, Charles Philip Chan wrote:
> Michal Sojka <sojkam1@fel.cvut.cz> writes:
>
> Hi Nichal:
>
>> Does anybody have the same problem or better a fix for it?
>>
>> Org-mode version 7.8.11, I've tried that with both emacs 23 and 24.
>
> Works fine here with the latest org-mode and calfw-org, both from git.

Hi Charles,

I tested this with Org from git and the same result. However, I found
that calfw works correctly if I have open Agenda window.

If I close the Agenda window with `q' and then run cfw:open-org-calendar
again, I see

  cfw:org-collect-schedules-period: Selecting deleted buffer

in *Messages*. The behaviour is a bit better with `org-agenda-sticky'
turned on but you still need to open agenda before first openning the
calendar.

Does anybody know whot could be proper fix for this?

-Michal

* Re: calfw-org broken?
@ 2012-08-30  7:49     ` Charles Philip Chan
From: Charles Philip Chan @ 2012-08-30  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Michal Sojka <sojkam1@fel.cvut.cz> writes:

Hi Michal:

> I tested this with Org from git and the same result. However, I found
> that calfw works correctly if I have open Agenda window.
>
> If I close the Agenda window with `q' and then run cfw:open-org-calendar
> again, I see
>
>   cfw:org-collect-schedules-period: Selecting deleted buffer

I do have an Agenda buffer opened when I tested it out. I can reproduce
what you got with no Agenda buffer present.

Cheers,
Charles

--
"All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory..."
(By Larry Wall)

* Re: calfw-org broken?
@ 2012-08-30  8:15       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-30  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Philip Chan; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi,

Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> writes:

> I do have an Agenda buffer opened when I tested it out. I can reproduce
> what you got with no Agenda buffer present.

This is because the function calls `org-compile-prefix-format', which
needs an agenda buffer.  I removed this need, so things will be better
in the next minor release.

 Bastien

* Re: calfw-org broken?
@ 2012-08-30 15:53         ` Michal Sojka
From: Michal Sojka @ 2012-08-30 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, Charles Philip Chan; +Cc: Org-mode

On Thu, Aug 30 2012, Bastien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@bell.net> writes:
>
>> I do have an Agenda buffer opened when I tested it out. I can reproduce
>> what you got with no Agenda buffer present.
>
> This is because the function calls `org-compile-prefix-format', which
> needs an agenda buffer.  I removed this need, so things will be better
> in the next minor release.

Great, now it works perfectly for me.

Thanks,
-Michal