* Problem with org-indent-block
@ 2014-09-12  6:50 Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2014-09-12  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Recently, I started to get problems with org-indent-block returning errors
"Not at a block".
Unfortunately, this is happening while restarting emacs, and I have no idea
about how to debug it.
It would be nice if somehow this function could give the file and the point
in the file where the error is happening.
Any idea on how to achieve this?

To make it clearer, it seems that this user-error stops the loading of my
prelude based configuration. Nothing is loaded after reporting it, and
especially not my own Org configuration file.

Thanks for any hint,

Fabrice

* Re: Problem with org-indent-block
@ 2014-09-12  7:53 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-09-12  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@gmail.com> writes:

> Recently, I started to get problems with org-indent-block returning errors
> "Not at a block".
> Unfortunately, this is happening while restarting emacs, and I have no idea
> about how to debug it.

AFAICT, nothing in the code base calls `org-indent-block' automatically.
Out of curiosity, is there something in your setup doing this?

> It would be nice if somehow this function could give the file and the point
> in the file where the error is happening.
> Any idea on how to achieve this?

It is an interactive function, so the user is expected to know where he
called it. Anyway, you could modify function in "org.el" to use:

  (user-error "Not at a block in %s, line %s" (buffer-name) (org-current-line))

It will probably help understanding the issue.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Problem with org-indent-block
@ 2014-09-12 12:39   ` Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2014-09-12 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Thanks for your hint.
The problem was not in in org.el:org-indent-block but in
org.el:org-hide-block-toggle.
This function should toggle special-block blocks too, else it barfs on them.
In my setup, when an org file is restored by desktop.el, global visibility
is set, which triggers
calls to org-hide-block-all.

Fabrice

@ 2014-09-12 18:59     ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-09-12 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@gmail.com> writes:

> The problem was not in in org.el:org-indent-block but in
> org.el:org-hide-block-toggle.
> This function should toggle special-block blocks too, else it barfs on them.
> In my setup, when an org file is restored by desktop.el, global visibility
> is set, which triggers
> calls to org-hide-block-all.

This should be fixed. Thank you for the report.

Nicolas Goaziou