Thanks for your hint. The problem was not in in org.el:org-indent-block but in org.el:org-hide-block-toggle. This function should toggle special-block blocks too, else it barfs on them. In my setup, when an org file is restored by desktop.el, global visibility is set, which triggers calls to org-hide-block-all. Fabrice 2014-09-12 9:53 GMT+02:00 Nicolas Goaziou : > Hello, > > Fabrice Popineau writes: > > > Recently, I started to get problems with org-indent-block returning > errors > > "Not at a block". > > Unfortunately, this is happening while restarting emacs, and I have no > idea > > about how to debug it. > > AFAICT, nothing in the code base calls `org-indent-block' automatically. > Out of curiosity, is there something in your setup doing this? > > > It would be nice if somehow this function could give the file and the > point > > in the file where the error is happening. > > Any idea on how to achieve this? > > It is an interactive function, so the user is expected to know where he > called it. Anyway, you could modify function in "org.el" to use: > > (user-error "Not at a block in %s, line %s" (buffer-name) > (org-current-line)) > > It will probably help understanding the issue. > > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >